Last weekend we were lucky enough to get invited to our good friends family cabins. Let me just say first that it was a fantastic weekend!We headed up Friday night and got in really late... we fell fast asleep. I awoke Saturday morning to the most beautiful views of mountains covered in natural landscape with a constant rain. It was fantastic. Randy came down and started a fire (which is my favorite thing ever, I love a good fire with rain or snow falling). We love to take drives so we headed
off that morning to go buy peaches and to see Grandma Pat. Paonia is a cute little town. Once the tour of the town was over we headed to this great farm to get our peaches to can. It was magical.
(Aside from this. We call this Marvin on meth. So what our cat would look like if he were...)
Still the cat loved scratches. There was this great little river that ran through the property. It was this serene farm and the sound of the river just made it even more great.

With peaches in hand we headed back to the cabin to get the four wheelers and go for a ride. I guess when we found out we would be riding four wheelers I thought a quick

little jont in the mountains. I guess I figured out after four hours of four wheeling that our friends mean business when they go on these treks. It was great. We went through rivers, over little hills and through tons and tons of trees. The cows randomly along the path were a nice touch too!


6 comments:
How fun! I love those little family get-a-ways! :) That picture of Marvin is hilarious! Miss you!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
I know Paonia! I lived outside of Crawford (an even smaller nearby town), went to high school in Hotchkiss (the next small town over) and went to church in Paonia! They were our *big* school rivals;)
FUN! You guys are so outdoorsey! Oh and so homemakey...canning peaches and all. Now, what about some of that jam you were braggin' about? HMM?!
is that you kissing with helmets on? you are too funny.
i've been thinking about you a lot lately and one of these days i promise to pick up the phone and call instead of just thinking about you:) hope you are doing ok.
What a nice weekend!
Post a Comment