Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Week of Firsts

Last week was a week of firsts for Reid. He started soccer and had his first day of 4 year old preschool.


Soccer... um lets just say he is learning how to play. For some reason or other he thinks that soccer must be played on the ground. He is constantly falling all over the field. His coach is so patient thank goodness but still I wish he would just stay on his two feet. He had his first game last Saturday. It was a beautiful rainy and cold day. Perfect for a soccer game... NOT!! Holy cow it was freezing. And my shoes and pants were soaked by the time the game was over. Yuck. Poor kiddos, although now that I think of it they loved it. On the sidelines I caught R with his head tipped up trying to catch rain drops in his mouth with some of his team mates. So I guess they didn't mind it too much. We lost... um... by a lot. We stopped keeping score because the yellow team kept scoring goals. Now I know that this will sound like I am a typical mom whose kid just lost his first game, but really, there was this kid who had to be six on the yellow team. The league that R is in is for 4 and 5 year olds. This kid was huge and could move that ball around like a pro. Well not a pro but not like a 5 year old. Anyway, the point is we got crushed! Maybe next time!






School is great. Reid loves his teacher and loves learning. I love this preschool. They are so good with the kids and it isn't huge. I like that it is small. He has a few friends from his class last year in his class this year, but a lot of them are different so it will be fun for R to meet new friends.






Me you ask... I am obsessed with making flower clips, bug clips and baby hair bands. (Thanks Nicole and Mirissa.) I am also loving to can. I have done pears, peaches, salsa, raspberry and strawberry jam, and green beans. (I am getting my salsa all ready to go in this pic.) It is so great to have all of this beautiful food ready to eat when we can't get it fresh during the winter. Thanks Heather for showing me how to can!! :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

So glad that you posted all of your updates. I love reading about you guys. Reid is so cute! Love the soccer game. Haha. I wish I could can with you. Miss you tons!