Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Fun of The Holiday Season

It is unlike me to not take pictures so I am shocked to say that our Thanksgiving trip out to Illinois has no visual proof. Nonetheless we went and had a blast. Logan's sister is there with her family and we thought this year we would travel to them since we never travel over the holidays. It almost didn't happen because of weather conditions but luckily I woke up at 3 in the morning for no apparent reason and decided to check the weather. Things had cleared up so we were off that morning at 10. We took the trip in two days and got to Amy's just in time for dinner on Thanksgiving (I know we are lame and didn't help cook...) It was fantastic. Amy really did a great job. I am happy to say that even though I was miles away from home I still went black Friday shopping. Unfortunately for Amy she got drug along with me. It was her first time ever and we went to the busiest store I have ever been to, ToysRUs. It was insane. The line wrapped around the whole building and then we waited in line with our loot for over two hours. I loved it, Amy hated it. A very successful outing!! hahaha The rest of the trip was filled with kids playing, catching up on sleep and hitting the local zoo. We sure did have so much fun. Thanks Aunt Amy, Uncle John and kiddos!!




Reid gets to go on a lot more field trips in the four year old class and so far this year we have hit the fire station and just recently the festival of trees. The kids were told not to touch the trees or the decorations but seriously way to tempting for my kid. He touched every tree there and then proceeded to tell me that the gingerbread house was not a tree... Yeah nice. So we looked at trees and sang some songs with Mrs. Claus. The kids had a ton of fun.


So far Reid has seen three Santa Claus and now thinks that there are three Santa Claus. Well kind of. The Santa Claus that came to our ward Christmas party didn't have a belt on so he is questioning the validity of that Santa, but the other two seem to be real. After story time Wednesday they took us through the Library to the fireplace where all the kids got a chance to see Santa and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. Then after his preschool program, (that i will post about after this) same day by the way, he got to see another Santa. I think we are good for the year!
Now onto his program. He is just so fantastic. He melts my heart up there singing his songs! He of course is the cutest guy in the room, next to his dad of course!! They sang a ton of songs for us. Some had actions and others had props. Both Grandmas made it along with Sarah, Collin and their kiddos. It was great having so many people there to watch our little man. Thanks fam!!


And so we are ready for the Christmas day to come. This next week will be quiet because I am all done shopping, wrapping and Christmas cards are out! Now I get to focus on my family and Christ's birth. I just love this time of year!! Merry Christmas everyone!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Your cards were darling, by the way. You always do such a cute job. Merry Christmas to you.

Lauren said...

I'm sure Reid loves those field trips. My kids would be SO tempted to touch stuff, too. He looks cute during his program! Black Friday shopping was fun, too. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and your plans worked out. Miss ya...

THE CONKS said...

Reid sure is looking grown up. Looks like you all have been keeping busy.