Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Weekend Away in the Mountains






We are lucky enough to have friends who invite us boring folk along for fun activities. This activity happened to be up in the beautiful mountains at Jeff's sisters' house. The house is beautiful. There are these huge windows in the back of the house and the view is amazing. All day Sunday we were able to see the snow falling. It was close to the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. We were able to walk right out those doors and go sledding down a small hill in the back yard. Reid of course loved it. And so did Chop... as long as he found already walked on paths of snow. Otherwise the snow covered him entirely. It was funny! The rest of day we spent time hanging out and taking naps. Jeff and Rissa brought up a game that had a ton of trains and yes Reid of course had to play with it. It was a quick trip so we left Monday after going into town to do a little window shopping and eat breakfast. Rissa and I couldn't pass by the outlet mall with out stopping, so we did. We knocked out the rest of our Christmas shopping and some!! :) It was great to get away. Thanks friends!! :)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Fun! Glad you got to have a great little get away. My kids would love that snow. ;)

Woods: said...

REID'S HAIR IS SHORT!!! I'm in shock right now. What in the world?! He's totally handsome and cute, I just was not expecting to see his ears! :)
Glad to see you are done Christmas shopping and that you'll have a chill week. That will be so good! Now, you can come visit! :)

Sarah said...

Sounds like fun! Its always theraputic to get out of town.

amanda said...

wow love jane

Samantha said...

Your brother is getting married?! My mother told me and I am totally coming. I can't wait to see your family.
Oh, and how to you live in so much snow? I am freezing just looking at it. I am glad you and your cute fam enjoy it.