...and the award goes to Ashley... wow I am lame. It has been so
long. A lot has happened and a lot hasn't happened. Christmas came and went went with a lot of family, fun and laughter. I love celebrating with so much family!! We are blessed to have SO much of them around!! :) Reid's new thing is to take pictures himself... of himself. These are the most recent and cutest. It cracks me up to go through the pictures and see this major close up of his nose, mouth or cheek. Too funny.
We were able to do our yearly trip sledding with my family this New Years. Amazingly we had
enough energy to do so (we were up until 3am with Jeff and Rissa... time flies when you're having fun). The kids loved it. I think Reid is a thrill seeker and next year we will need to enroll him in snowboarding lessons. I think I may give it a try too... hopefully I can balance enough on a snowboard to not run into crowds like I do on skis... what are
the odds?? Anyway, back to sledding. FUN, Fun, fun. I raced Dad and ran into him, there were some awesome jumps off the mini hills, and of course a few
crashes. Still we came back in one piece, just a little tired from climbing the hill.
Shortly after our fun sledding trip Reid went back to school to celebrate his 4 1/2 birthday. Summer birthdays are great except
for the whole celebrating your birthday at school. A bit confusing. The class sings happy birthday and he gets to wear a crown all day. He loves it regardless of it being his 1/2 birthday.
We also had a good time going to the yearly farm show. There
were a lot of really big brand new tractors there to sit on. They smell just like a new car. I am not sure what I was expecting but not that. I don't know if I could take that fresh beautiful tractor out on the field and get it dirty with dirt and cow poop. Anyway, it was a ton of fun. There were cow cakes, free cups that turn colors with hot or cold, popcorn, people and more tractors. Do you know what we spent most of our time doing...? You sure can see a lot from the seat of a tractor. Anywho tons of fun. 
My little brother is getting married. I helped him out with the
proposal. He wanted to dress up as a knight in shinning armor so as you can imagine trying to get that on with just one person isn't an easy feat. So there I was in the parking lot of Olive Garden helping my brother into this costume. Amanda said yes! Some guy was taking photos with his phone and an older woman told Devin that she has never seen anyone have to get dressed up like that to get a girl to say yes. It was a fun night and can't wait to welcome Amanda into our family!
All caught up. I am sure there are things here and there that I missed, like how cute my hair was that day that I... just kidding, but really there is so much more I just can't remember it all and I don't have pictures for all of it. So this will have to do. Enjoy and have a great day! (Note from the author, don't blog stalk I want to know that my readers appreciate my work!! :))
8 comments:
Glad you updated. I sure miss you. Reid is so big and cute! Love you!
nice work. it's about time...and you've had PLENTY of it these past couple days...good to see that you used it wisely! :) love the pics..reid cracks me up.
Fun to see updates again FINALLY! ;) Your Reid is getting so big! Sounds like you guys have so much fun together as a family.
I really was going to blog stalk! Were you talking to me? :) I just have to say that you need to lift your leg a little higher for the 3 am Yarbrough Olypics! :)
Fun blog to read, or Reid for that matter. :-)
Love the update, and the pictures were great. Devin looked incredible. Will he wear that to the temple! J/K.
Jonathan and I are planning on coming up to Utah for the wedding. We are excited to see you all.
Great pictures. The Reid close-ups cracked me up. Cool that Devon is getting married. What a guy to get so dressed up! That's great -- good for him.
Man it's about time- ha ha!! Love the update- yes sledding was fun, I love that tradition. My kids love tractors, tell us when the next show is next year- they'd love to come see tractors!!
Post a Comment