Friday, October 15, 2010

Soccer

Soccer was so fun this year. Reid really got the hang of it. It took him a couple of weeks to realize he can play both offense and defense but once he did he took off. He really likes playing the goalie and blocking goals from coming into the net. So at first he would run down to the other end of the field and wait for the opposing team to bring the ball down so he could block it. It drove his coaches crazy. But Logan being the awesome dad that he is took him out back and played with him a bit to help him out on his offensive game. It helped a ton and every week we saw major improvements. He kicks mainly with is left foot because he is left handed and occasionally that causes him so miss the goal, but again we are working on helping to use his right foot too. His very last game was last Saturday and he did fantastic. He scored five goals! I think he was just showing off for all of the family he had there to cheer him on. Grandma and Grandpa Richardson, Aunt Erica, Spencer, Jamison, and Grandma Hatch were all there. He had quite the cheering section. I think we may have embarrassed him once or twice... oops! How fun our Saturdays were to go and watch him play. We will miss it until next year!

1 comment:

Erica said...

We loved watching him so much!! Especially the boys! I have tons of pictures that I took that day that I need to get to you too.