Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blonde hair, blue foot



Okay so today was an interesting day. We had a late morning tickling each other in bed and then eating breakfast. Later we decided to go on a drive around town and take in the weather. We of course took Chop (which he just got a bath so he was a beautiful blonde). Once we got home I wanted to lay down for a just minute because I had a late night out with the girls. As I was trying so hard to sleep with all of the noise of Reid and Chop, I had finally had it when Chop came running up the stairs from the kitchen. I marched him right down tossed him over the gate and went looking for Logan. Who I found cleaning out the car... on Sunday! Nice I know. Anyway when I came back in Chop was in the kitchen whining. He was not putting any pressure on his left back leg and I thought oh crap I tossed him and he landed wrong on his foot. Now mind you I was not making a big deal about this because he is a pretty big wimp. As I picked him up and started looking at his foot I saw blood. After much deliberation we decided that we needed to take him in to the doctor to make sure whatever was wrong didn't get worse. So we took him in to find out he broke his little toe nail really bad. The doctor took him for about an hour and took care of him. Now we have a gimpy dog with this huge teal bandage on his leg. I mean really, teal? Are there no other colors? Oh well, he is taken care of and that is all that matters. I feel so bad though. I will never toss him over the gate again... oh yeah that is because it broke today and landed on Reid, but that is a whole other story, plus not nearly as exciting because he didn't have to go to the ER! Thank goodness!!

5 comments:

Diane said...

What an eventful Sunday Morning. I've been on the ER on a Sunday before, but with a son's bleeding head. His brother hit him over the head with a wooden bowl. To top it off, we didn't have a Dad around, so I had to call a ward member to come hang out with the other kids. I totally relate.(:

Brenny said...

See! This is exactly why church shouldn't start at 1:00 pm! Trouble is the only thing that comes from late church.

Stacie Mathis said...

I think Michael has some of that tape around the house in red and a different blue if you need some other colors!

Lauren said...

Poor Chop. I love the teal. :)

Kendra said...

I'm thinking you could accessorize the bandage--add some buttons, perhaps a little ribbon . . .?!