Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Whoa!!


Okay so I am a huge slacker... So many things to put in this blog. It may be a long one.

First of all, I forgot to blog about Reid's first day of preschool. He did awesome and continues to do great. He loves all the toys. Everyday I ask him what he learned and he says, "Toys"! Hum, I wonder if he learns anything... just kidding. But he is so cute when I drop him off. He doesn't even say goodbye to me. I have to grab him by the arm and tell him goodbye, he is just to excited to get going with school. It makes me happy and sad. Happy that he is loving this phase in his life, but sad because he is just growing up too fast. His teacher is great too. I got to stay one day and help and she is just so patient and loving. A lot of those kids would get on my nerves everyday if I had to deal with them. She sings a lot which of course I love. They also have an art teacher so everyday Reid comes home with a piece of artwork. It is fun!





Next on my list is what I have been wanting to blog about really bad. The other night I had to chance to host our monthly family dinner on the Hatch side. We had outdoor activities planned for the night, but the beautiful fall weather forced us to change those plans. So frantically I called Mirissa and Jeff and begged for them to let us use their Wii. Luckily they said yes so my family got to play Wii games after dinner. We played a lot of sports, but my favorite was the boxing. Logan had to chance to box my mom, which I am sure for the past almost six years he has been wanting to do! It was so funny. Then Jamey got to get back at dad while boxing him for the pre-marriage talk. He still cringes when he talks about that talk with my parents. Anyway it turned out to be a fun night, or at least I thought so.

Life is good. We are so looking forward to the fall weather. This is by far both of our favorite seasons!!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

What a cute first day of preschool picture! Reid looks so proud to be going off to school.

m said...

I love your parents so much. So cute. I look freaky like that when I play Rock Band. I get all serious about the drums.

Brenny said...

Reid is so cute with his bookbag! I'm glad he is liking school.

The Wii games looked fun -- the look on your dad's face is classic. Such concentration!

Erica said...

I am totally going to copy this and put it on mine. I love how you worded the Wii night. AWESOME!! That was lots of fun!!

THE CONKS said...

I can't wait and dread the day Camdin starts preschool. It must have been tough for you. Playing wii sure is addicting. Looks like everyone had fun!!

Sarah said...

I am glad Reid liked preschool!! He looks so big! Hey missed talking to you tonight!! There were a lot of ladies there!!

amanda said...

Yes you are a huge slacker. I'm glad Reid is doing well in preschool. It is so fun to see them have their independence. Some moms don't like that but I think they function better if they can be on their own.
It was nice having your mom here. You girls are lucky to have her close. She's such a big help.

Adam Jensen said...

how do kids grow up so fast! I am glad you have regular dinners w/ your family! that is awesome. I can't wait till I can do that stuff w/ my extended fam

Lauren said...

Ok. I AM SO SORRY. I thought I commented on this...bummer. I can't believe how BIG he is. So adorable. I'm glad that he likes school. They grow up way fast. Glad that you had fun with the Wii. They are a blast!

Kendra said...

Yeah for Reid and Preschool! If we were there, Kaia could join him--I'm doing my own right now, but think i'll put her in next year. She starts soccer in a couple weeks-I'll keep you updated! Oh, and I love that my brother is the "family gossip!" That's cool that you saw him--you'll have to check my blog!

Stacie said...

Hey there! So where is Reid going to preschool? I've kicked around the idea of sending Andrew, but I was a huge slacker and didn't have him potty trained until just a couple weeks ago. I didn't want to send him in diapers. I'm glad Reid is loving it, that always makes it so much easier to send them when they are happy to go.