Thursday, August 28, 2008

Huge slacker!

Not that you needed the title of this blog to tip you off, but yes I have been a huge slacker with my blogging! I don't know if it was the Olympics that kept me from blogging or the fact that Logan has been hogging his computer... either way I have not posted about all of the fun we have had this past month.




First off we must say how much we miss our little cousins Quinn and Mya. Reid adores Quinn and loved that he was here for about three weeks. So of course we played with him as much as possible. Grandma Richardson invited Reid and I, along with Elle, Macey, Emmitt and Sarah (Quinn and Mya included too) to this cute dairy just west of town. She has taken Reid there before, but this was a first for me and I thought it was so cute. Plus it is free. We fed goats and cows and we watched them milk the cows. That was a little gross and I must say it hindered my milk consumption for about a day. I just don't do well with knowing where my food comes from. Anyway, it was really neat and it made it better having all of the cousins around. They are a cute bunch of kids.


Then Reid and I joined Logan on one of his trips to Denver for work last week. We needed to get out of the house and this sounded like so much fun. I love Denver. It just seems like there is so much to do with out doing anything. Does that make sense? So we went to lunch in this cute little eating area and then parked down by the library. There were pigeons everywhere which of course intrigued Reid so much. He loved getting as close as he could to them and watching them run or fly away. Then we decided since we were at the library why not go in? It is free! (I am all about the free stuff) That is a huge library. I loved it! We went to this children's section and read books, played with toys and Reid loved the displays because of all the trucks and trains in them. It was a great day.

Last weekend Logan started putting up our crown molding in our living room. He is doing such a good job! I have admit I had my doubts, but he is surprising me! It is turning out great. I am a huge scaredy cat and won't get up on the ladder to help him, so I came up with some projects of my own. I painted my bathroom cabinets brown, put up some much needed shelves in the loft and finally finished the furniture in the guest bedroom. Ahhhh, it feels good to be decorating again. Too bad it costs to much money!! I feel like I was in a lull all summer with my house, but now I am back (partly because of Pottery Barn's new catalogue, LOVE IT!!) and loving all of my new ideas! Oh yeah and we finally took all of the carpet out of the basement and threw away all of the bad carpet and patched the upstairs rooms with the good carpet. The "bad" carpet is due to cats peeing!! Gotta love animals.... So my house feels like it is coming together when for so long it has been torn up or half way done. I am getting there!!


One last thing, today is Reid's first day of preschool and I am going to cry like a baby! Is he really old enough to be attending preschool?? He is still a baby to me... anyway, wish us luck, me more than him. I have a feeling he will love it!

7 comments:

Brenny said...

Good Luck! You guys have done some fun stuff. You should take pictures of the house projects -- I always like to see what people do.

Erica said...

WOW- I can't wait to hear how Reid's first day went. I'm glad that you're getting the chance to be creative again. I know that makes you happy.

amanda said...

I have an idea. When I move to Indiana you can fly out and spend my money on decorating my house:) I'll need some help.
It was good to talk to you today. Thanks for always being so good to call me.
Good luck on Tuesday with Reid's 1st day of school. You'll cry the first day but then you'll realize there is a reason they go to school:)

Kendra said...

Oh, we miss Denver! We loved playing there! And good luck to Reid! Keep me posted on how it's going--I'm about to start a pre-school for Kaia-hoping some slacker friends in the ward stop "talking" and join me!

Adam Jensen said...

You have to tell me where the dairy is! I would love to take Kyler there. How was the first day of preschool, I have been meaning to call and ask!

Lauren said...

Looks like fun. I just wish that you would've seen us instead. :( Maybe next time? Glad that you had fun though.

Heidi said...

Hey, if you're going to slack on something at least it's posting and not on living. You guys always find fun stuff to do. Love that.