It has rained for two straight days here in Colorado. It has been wonderful. For some reason or other, I thrive in this kind of weather. We woke up yesterday to a constant rain
fall and decided we must enjoy it. So we went for a walk. Unfortunately we didn't have an umbrella, well not a traditional umbrella. I have one that is for the beach and we thought that would be perfect because then we could all fit under it. It worked great! We walked up to our little town square and got cinnamon rolls to eat for breakfast. Along the way we noticed that there were many worms hanging out on the sidewalk. Reid thought it would be a good idea to pick them up and put them back in the grass. After about the tenth worm we decided that maybe he should leave them there and let them work their way back to the grass. It was so funny watching the restraint to pick them up as we passed worm after worm. It was a fun morning for us!
Then we went to our friends little girls birthday party! It was really cute. Olivia turned one on Thursday and since it is the Olympics this year Mirissa decided to have and Olymp
ic themed party. Mirissa made flags of where the kids dads served their missions. Logan went to Wisconsin so Reid got to wear and American flag. Go USA!! (By the way so proud of Phelps!!) The kids competed in longs jump, the javelin, and a relay race. The kids loved it and they all received gold medals! We had to leave early to get to a dinner appointment, so we didn't get to stay for the whole party, but it was really fun and cute. Good work Rissa!!
4 comments:
I like rainy days, too. The Olympic theme birthday party sounds like a great idea!
I love your big umbrella! So smart.
Brianna brought 3 worms home with her on Friday. Yuck!
I love the rain too!! I am so ready for fall!!
I like the new blog look. So fancy. I love the rain too. As we flew into Denver yesterday we could see the rain. It was a little chilly though and I don't like chilly;)
Post a Comment