Sunday, August 3, 2008

Brett and Amanda!

After our trip to Idaho we went to my brothers house in Lehi to visit his family. Their son Tobe is the same age as Reid. They played and played really hard! They played with Tobe's train set the most. It was fun to make new tracks for them whenever they broke the track or we had to clean up. We went to dinner with them at the pizza factory and on the way into the restaurant Tobe and Reid held hands. They were so cute! Best buddies!!
I really wanted to visit them so that I could watch their kiddos so Amanda could have a day with her mom. It was a wonderful moment for me to do something for her. I had been feeling so helpless here in Colorado and was so glad that I could serve her. I am glad she got that chance to spend some time with her mother. Her mom ended up passing four days later on Sunday. She had cancer and was diagnosed only three months ago. It was a fast process. My heart goes out to her and her family!







We got home from our fun trip to Idaho and Utah on Thursday. I was so tired and my house was a disaster and needed cleaning so bad. I of course put it off thinking I could do it later, only to find out the news of Amanda's mom. My sister Erica called me on Sunday night and we decided that it would be a good idea to head out to Utah that night. So off we went at 6:00 pm to arrive in Utah at about 1:15 am. It was actually a pretty fast trip and I took Reid with me because Logan had a ton of work to do. Erica and I took the kids for two days while Amanda went with her family to prepare funeral plans and to just be with her family. The kids were great and we had a ton of fun with them. We went to Thanksgiving Point on one of the days and Amanda's sister Ashley dropped off her daughter Cameron to hang out with us. We took them to a petting zoo and a movie about sea creatures that was 3-D. I think Erica looked smokin' in those glasses. Nice! (She told me to delete the picture but I just couldn't, so to make her feel better I put the picture of me on this too, I still think she wins the hotness contest!)They had so much fun and I just love little Allison. She is so dang cute! I don't know where the kids were in the picture where they look like they are in jail, but I swear Amanda that they never went to jail!! After all of the fun with the kiddos it was off to Colorado to go home. Of course we had to make a few stops to IKEA, I am obsessed with that store. We need one in Colorado so bad. And then we went to the Layers clothing warehouse and bought some really cute clothes. I had a ton of fun being able to talk to my sister so much on this trip. She is so great and I love that I can talk to her about anything. And we did!! :0) I hope that we were able to make Amanda feel like she could just do her thing with out worrying about her home and kids. Love you Manda!! Oh yeah and Brett, Jane, Tobe and of course my little Aly!



I just thought this Llama had the best hair ever!!





No comments: