

I love to camp. I love to be in nature with no electronics and just the beauty. So this weekend, as if we haven't been crazy busy enough, we decided on the spur of a moment to go camping with Jeff and Mirissa. We had a great time although we weren't sure that camping was going to be in our near future. Jeff has a summer job working in Wyoming and so we got Mirissa's car all packed up, and mean we were packed full like a bunch of sardines, and headed to Wyo. We left late which means we got up there late. It was already dark, which I guess happens past 9:30 pm. By that time most camp sites were full. Thankfully w

e found a camp site that had some openings and we set up

camp in record time. Ate an amazing dinner that Mirissa made, roasted marsh mellows and headed off to bed. The kids did great, other than Reid peeing in his pull up so much that he was soaked and woke up freezing and wet. We got that taken care of and Mirissa informed us that they were one sleeping bag short. Some how her sleeping bag didn't make it up to the mountains. We gave them one of ours and I got to sleep with Reid in his sleeping bag, thankfully the pee didn't get onto his sleeping bag. Anyway, the night w

as finally over and we woke up to a beautiful morning. We had yummy breakfast burritos and then headed off to take a great hike. There was a gorgeous lake that we ended up hiking around. Reid did

awesome. I am amazed every day at how capable he is at so many things. He had so much energy and hiked 90% of the trail. Chop did great too. He loves to hike. Jeff and Mirissa brought their dog too and he did awesome. The only weird thing about him was that he would eat wood. He found branches and then ate them. The strangest thing. Anyway, it was so fun and I loved going camping with my family and our friends. They are so great to do all of these fun things with us!
2 comments:
Looks like a fun trip. Camping is great, especially camping with good friends.
Where in Wyoming did you go?
We went up past Centennial... I can't remember the camp site... sorry!
Post a Comment