Friday, January 23, 2009

Oh the pain...


I forgot how much it hurts to have my stomach cut open. Ouch!! I had my surgery on Monday afternoon and now am at home recovering from it. I had four cysts removed from my right ovay and some scar tissue removed from my right fallopian tube. Dr. Bachus said that because I had scar tissue there and he had to remove it chances are that it will come back. He also said he was glad that we did it as soon as we did because it was starting to get pretty messy in there. Yikes! Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but it is what it is. I go back this next week to talk to him and see what he thinks we need to do now. I am a little mad at myself that I got my hopes up, because I feel like this wasn't the answer to our infertility problems. I wanted this to be the answer so bad... I will wait until next week though until I give up all hope again. So I am stuck at home with moments of feeling pretty good and then moments of feeling like I am going to pass out from all of the drugs. I hate being on these pills, but last night I went too long between and now I am paying the price! Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers! It means so much to me!  (Oh yeah and sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I am not kidding, these pills make me a little aloof!) 
A huge thank you to Logan! He has been so fantastic helping me with EVERYTHING I need help with. He is the best husband ever! Thanks to Grandma Hatch and Grandma Richardson Reid loved going to your houses and playing. You were life savers!!

14 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh, Ashley, I hope that you recover quickly. Hopefully that doc will have some answers for you next week. My prayers are with you. You are the greatest!

Courtney said...

Hey girl! I'm so sorry you're in pain! PLEASE let me come over and help you!!! I would love to come and scrub your bathrooms while you rest and maybe work on some crossword puzzles! ;0) That's how I got through my recovery!

Brenny said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Celeste Culver said...

I pray for a speedy recovery for you and that everything works out for you.

Crystel said...

Sorry you're having to go through this! Doesn't sound fun at all! I'll be praying for a quick recovery for you.

Cami said...

Bummer Ashley! I'm glad you have so much family and support around you. You have support far away also! Oh I hope the doc has some good news for you...

Erica said...

I hope your recovery continues to get better with each day. I love you and I am praying that this will anwser some questions!!

THE CONKS said...

So sorry to hear that you are hurting. Good luck and I hope you recover fast.

amanda said...

It is the answer, it is the answer, it is the answer. Just keep telling yourself that. I hope you are feeling well. I've been thinking of you.

Stacie Mathis said...

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Adam Jensen said...

oh Ashley! I hate seeing you in your oxygen tubing!!! I am sorry you had to go through all that. dang scar tissue and cysts!!! I hope you feel better soon. I will be thinking about you. take care, OK?

Mac Family said...

You still look beautiful with the tubes. Want some more slushy? I hope you've had good news....

Sarah said...

I saw your blog listed on Sarah's and thought I'd check it out. I hope you are feeling better. I just started blogging not long ago so feel free to check mine out. My address is timandsarahrunyon.blogspot.com If you need anything let me know.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

So I had no idea you were going in for surgery, sorry I'm a little slow! If you need anything please let me know!