Monday, March 23, 2009

Arizona


I have lost my blog bug... has anyone else?? 
Anyway, we 
went to Arizona two weekends ago. It was awesome. We love to visit Arizona. It was a great vacation filled with baseball, swimming and enjoying the warm weather. Of course I am still white, but the sunshine still felt sooooo good!! 

We are baseball lovers. So of course we had to see some games. The first day we saw the White Socks and the Rangers. Didn't really care about that game, but the next day we saw the COLORADO ROCKIES play the Dodgers. We won!!! I know they aren't the best team, but I am a Colorado girl through and through, so I support my teams. It was so fun to be in a small 


stadium and so close to the game. Reid got a ball handed to him from a parking attendant, which he didn't care where it had come from he held onto it so tight most of the game (until he would let go to get some cotton candy and it would roll down the way to the people in front of us so I held onto it for him). 

And I have to mention the beautiful hotel we stayed in. It has history with Logan and I. We stayed there on our way to our honey moon in CA. It is this gorgeous
resort with pools, restaurants, hills, plants and a Spanish style feel. I love it. It just makes me feel like I am in a different world. Sometimes I think we all need that!! Our room was a suite which is nice with a kiddo because t
hen he slept in his own bed... well until Sunday night when he woke up sick! I know poor thing, here we are on vacation and he got sick. It scared me so bad because he was having such a hard time breathing. So Logan and I moved camp into his bed and slept the night with him to make sure he was okay. Thankfully he was fine but it was a nasty cold!! He is just now finally getting over it, I think... I hope so! 

But it was still fun and he still wanted to go swimming before we headed to the airport. I love 
 how little kids just love life. We can learn so much from them. He
 LOVED the airport, plane, bus, train experience. It was almost too much for him to handle. On the way to DIA he couldn't sit still. It was hilarious watching him fidget the whole way there asking all kinds of questions about the airplane. The train at DIA was also a big hit. He talked about that the whole way home from AZ to CO. But I thought the coolest part about the plane ride from AZ to CO was when Reid got to go in the cock pit and sit in the pilot chair. He didn't know what to do with himself (refer to the picture). 
And as if that wasn't enough the pilot let him talk over the speaker which Reid said, "Hi Mom!". Just melted my heart and I 
have to say I shed a tear or two!! Then he got his own little wings. It was awesome!! 

So there is our trip. We can't wait to go to AZ again. I don't know what it is about that place, but I am drawn there!! 

10 comments:

Lauren said...

I am glad that you had a great time. I am still SO BUMMED that we missed you guys. PLEASE promise next time. :) Oh.. and the eyebrows are courtesy of Joseph's Aunt Jane's makeup. The kids wanted to wear it. haha.

Cami said...

That is the cutest thing ever - little Captain Reid! Don't lose the blogging bug, it is still fun, I promise! You just have to look harder sometimes for your material! It doesn't have to be a long story or lots of pics, just share something small about your day. We miss you when you don't blog!

Adam Jensen said...

Oh! you made me miss home! I love Arizona. I am glad you do too. Spring training is everywhere there, like in every stadium there is a team that plays there. That is awesome he got to go in the cockpit!!! His expression is priceless! Thanks for the update :) I had been wondering what you had been up to since Celine!

Erica said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Reid kind of got the Rock Star treatment, uh? I mean all except the sick part. :(

Brenny said...

What a fun trip. I'll have to get the name of the hotel sometime, it looked fabulous. You made me miss spring break! My family and I used to go to AZ every year, and usually got to catch a spring training game. PLEASE don't tell me the orange blossoms were in bloom -- I simply can't take it.

amanda said...

How fun for Reid to go on an airplane. Now just bring him here:) We'd LOVE IT!!! And we do have a pretty cool children's museum that Reid would love, and the zoo is awesome and.....let's see...what else can I tempt you with?

Sorry I sold you out on my blog. I hope you are okay with it. It really did make my day. You are too cute:)

Mac Family said...

Glad you had so much fun in Arizona. Lucky boy for going into the cockpit! How did he manage to do that? And I'm glad I was able to teach that class for you so you could be stress free on your trip! I'm glad Reid is feeling better!

Crystel said...

Glad you guys had a blast. Wish we could've seen you, but totally understand family vacation time!! Its so fun. :)

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

oh how fun! It looked do warm, I'm jealous!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great time Ash. What place is this that you went? IT sounds very appealing.