Thursday, March 26, 2009

Question...


What do the Pine Wood Derby, riding lawn mowers and a huge snow storm have in common? Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! The month of March in Colorado!! So the other day we went to Lowe's to pick up a few things for the house and I totally forgot that they have their riding lawn mowers out. Of course Reid wanted to jump on them and pretend to ride so I let him have a little fun. (It was pretty funny when another boy came running over with his mom to ride them too, I laughed to myself at how funny boys are!!!) I also think CO is one of the few places where, at a store like Lowe's, you can find spring tools for your yard and snow shovels! 
Then last night was the pine wood derby. We love this activity that we get to do with the boys. Logan had a ton of fun being the MC and the boys ate up how funny he was. This year Reid made a car for the open division. He didn't want anything done to it, so the boys nicknamed his the block, because well, it looked like a block! 
Then today, well it started last night, we got hit hard with a huge snow
storm. I am one of the few who are loving it. I love being stuck at home watching TV all day and not feeling guilty for it!! We of course play games and do activities, but there is much more TV to be watched on a day like today! 

2 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Colorado weather is so funny! It is true we go from 70 degree weather to blizzard!

Heidi said...

You guys were great with the derby! Jackson loved it.