Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Happenings of Summertime

Wow I have so much to talk about. I will start with the first of our summer fun. Back in May Reid had a school picnic to kick off summer. It was the hottest day ever! That though did not keep the adorable three and four year olds from playing and having fun. Reid made a really good friend named Braeden. These two are great friends. The minute Braeden got there they were inseparable. I love watching Reid make friends and chose the people he wants to play with. It is fun... and a bit sad but what can I do they must grow up. It was a sad day at the picnic for me because Reid LOVED preschool. I was worried that he would be bored at home with out it but so far it has been good. 

Mirissa and I ran the Bolder Boulder again this year. We were lucky enough to drag our husbands along who unfortunately annoyed the both of us with their no winded tactics. But it was still great to have them along. I love that race. It is so fun and so rewarding. I am proud to say I shaved about ten minutes off of my time from last year and didn't almost pass out on some guy this year like I almost did last year. This race felt so much better. 


Later that day, Memorial Day, we went to the Richardson's to have a BBQ. Of course there was yummy food, there always is at Chris's house but the great time was watching the kids play in 
the huge rain puddle in the sport court. We got a ton of rain that day, thankfully after the race. The boys played in the rain for probably a good hour or more, and I say more because once they were dried off we caught them out there again. They had snuck through the doggie door in the basement out to the court! 
Boys will be boys!! The girls on the other hand went out, pulled up their dresses and tip toed around laughing and then went inside. They did this a  couple of times and then lost interest because it was too cold. Girls will be girls!! :)





And now my most favorite thing of summer so far is 
T-ball. I love it. Reid isn't so good yet but he is so cute out there. He doesn't listen to any direction from Logan, me or his coach but we are confident that one of these days he will and he will be a great 
baseball player! His first practice he just dove after every ball even if he didn't need to. Then at his first game he couldn't stay in position. He ran
after every ball hit and then wasn't in position for the next move. Oh well it was cute. We have figured out that he probably the youngest on his team. It is a league for 4-5 year olds and the cut off was July 16th. Since his birthday is July 3rd he just made it. Some of the kids on the team are 5! We blame the not listening and hyper attitude on immaturity. I fear the not listening will last forever though.... 


We hope you are all having a wonderful summer! 




He had just thrown the ball here, apparently he has to do a little hop after throwing! 

6 comments:

The Yarbrough Clan said...

I love his little t-ball pants! That hop at the end cracks me up! I can't wait to come see a game.

Adam Jensen said...

t-ball!!! so cute :) Good for you on shaving some of your time! you and Mirissa look so cute. Summer is the best!!! Thanks for telling me about active.com too, I found a race in UT while I will be there in Aug and my SIL is going to do it with me. I have always hated running, but I am really starting to love it! I can't believe how I have improved!

Erica said...

Nice outfits for the race!! I am so proud of your time- that is a HUGE accomplishment! Reid looks so cute playing T-Ball. Just so you know- I have atleast one (well I'd say 2) that won't listen a coach or his parents- I too hope that with age this will get better!

Samantha said...

How fun for Reid! Nathan is dying to play but season doesn't start until next March! Love the outfit for your race. The socks were awesome. Have a great summer.

Adam Jensen said...

uh YEAH!!! It would be AWESOME if you guys came out :) nothing too exciting here, but there is a GREAT park :) anytime after girls camp would be great. i wish i were going :( It will be so great! We are in town until like July 14th I think, so whenever! I have some dr. appointments for Hayden coming up soon too so I will give ya a call and she if we can meet up!

Brenny said...

Reid looks so great out there! And at least he is going for the ball and not throwing his glove in the air or something during the game...

I LOVED your outfits for the race.