Monday, January 3, 2011

Logan's Birthday and Thanksgiving

This year Logan turned the big 3-0!! He is an old man now... not just because of back now! hahaha Enough making fun of my sixty year old husband. This year I decided to throw him a surprise party at the bowling alley. He had no idea until Reid said something and I got mad at him for spoiling the surprise. (Note to self never tell your five year old that his dad is having a surprise party later that day.) So he knew there was a party but nothing else. So at least the whole thing wasn't blown. We dropped Reid off with his cousin Quinn, mom watched Tatum and we were off. I drove around a bit to try to throw Logan off the scent of where we were headed but the guy knew every turn I made and every ones house I passed. ANNOYING! I am starting to think that he never works and just drives around all the time. So we got the bowling alley and all of our friends were there to wish him a happy birthday. I think it still turned out pretty fun!
We all participated in the annual Turkey Trot this year. I debated it seeing as how I just had a c-section three weeks prior but decided that that wasn't going to keep me from this fun tradition. It was freezing! The announcer said it was just 10 degrees when we started the race. YIKES! Tatum was plenty warm with a ton of blankets on, wish I could have traded spots with her. Erica, Spencer, Amanda, and Jane ran it too. They were nice enough to let Reid run with them and I am sad to say that I don't think he is a runner. They had great stories to tell of him as he had his hand on his chest so dramatic saying he couldn't run anymore. Well maybe this tradition won't last. Bummer too because that is how I justify my food intake on Thanksgiving.
We were so lucky to have my brother Brett's family here this year. I sure miss them so much! Their kids just keep growing... really they need to stop! Jane and Aly just couldn't get enough of our Tatum. They helped me hold her, put her socks back on and put her pacifier back in her mouth. Such great little mothers. Tatum loved all the attention and I was happy to have my hand free for a couple of days! :)

No comments: