Wednesday, February 13, 2008
My heart can't handle it anymore...
Over the last few days I have been in suspense wondering about whether or not my grandma has cancer. I talked to my mom yesterday and she confirmed that it is and then told me this morning that it isn't the worst kind of liver cancer, but also not the better kind either. For some reason or other my family is meant to be plagued by this awful word. I think I am in denial because I can't bring myself to cry. I just sit here thinking about all of the many times I have taken her for granted and not appreciated everything she has done. Not to make matters worse, my grandpa isn't doing that well either. He has been in a nursing home for almost a year now and isn't getting any better. I don't know how to spell it, but he has a heart problem and it is getting worse. Logan, Reid and I went and saw him on Friday last week and he didn't even aknowledge us. He usually lights up when my little Reid is around and he didn't even do that. I don't know how to take this. My grandpa is dying and barely hanging on and now my grandma has terminal cancer. Both of my grandparents on my dad's side have passed away from this horrible disease and my mom had cancer about six years ago. I am so tired of hearing people I love getting this. Anyway, that is my sap story, I guess it is just part of life!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, Ash. I am so, so sorry. I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out for you. I know how much you love your Grandma and Grandpa and how hard this must be for you. I'm sad that I live so far away and can't be "there" for you physically. Please remember that we have our phones/email. BFF's are always there for each other. Don't ever forget that. Love you.
Like I said to Erica, we're just praying they go together.
It's hard to see them get old and waste away but there is so much more in store for them on the other side.
Yuck, yuck, yuck! I HATE cancer. I also hate to think of the day that I will lose my grandparents. I'm so sorry. Enjoy every moment you get.
Oh, Ashley. I am so sorry to hear about your grandparents. I do know that Heavenly Fathar loves us, and he gives us trials that we can handle. You are a strong woman of faith. You will make it through and, just like with Grandma and Grandpa Hatch, you will see them again. It's just hard to see loved ones suffer and eventually pass on. I sure love you.
That's really how I feel too. I wish they could just go together!
Ashley I am sorry to hear about your grandparents! I don't really understand this bond, I only really knew one of my grandparents. Enjoy the time you have left with them! You have been blessed to have them for so long!! Your family will be in our prayers! Please let me know if I can do anything.
Post a Comment