Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Three hours is a long time...

Yesterday turned out to be a really long day, a fun day, but a long day. Let me first begin by telling you all that last Saturday Logan, Reid and I finally went to the store and bought new furniture for our family room. We have had such a hard time deciding on what to get because everything we liked was WAY out of our price range and all of the stuff we could afford wasn't what we were looking for. Anyway we found something we liked and went for it. I mean what are taxes for if we can't spend it mindlessly??? Well we found these ottoman cubes that we loved but they only had one and the closest place that any more was Colorado Springs. You guessed it. Reid and I drove to Colorado Springs to get more. Along with a trip to get these great little cubes I decided it would be fun to take Reid on a train ride. If any of you are familiar with Colorado, you would know that there is a great train ride in the Royal Gorge about one hour away from Colorado Springs. I went not knowing that it was another hour away. So we get our cubes and head to the train thinking it would be a twenty minute drive. I called to get our tickets ahead of time only to find out that I still had another thirty minutes or more of a drive to get to our destination. Also not a plus was the fact that there are only certain times the train runs and we were going to miss the 12:30 train and have to wait for the 3:30 train. What in world do you do in a town that I did not research on?? If that is the case, you play at the train station for two hours until the train arrives to take you along the Royal Gorge. They had a Thomas train set, all kinds of other trains, toys, books and even a playground outside. It was a long two hours but finally the train came and Reid was so excited. Totally worth the wait. The train ride was a total of two hours. We sat in the car for most of the ride but took a quick break from the air conditioning to go out onto the open car and feel the fresh air and see the beautiful mountains. It was a pretty ride and Reid just loved being on a train. Finally it was time to drive the three hours home. I am still trying to recover from staying up late finally making my curtains in the family room and then taking a long road trip the the Royal Gorge. I think Reid is feeling it a little too. He is moody!! Anyway, it was a fun day and the new furniture looks great and trains a huge part of conversation. It was all worth it!!







(This is Reid hearing the train coming!)




(These are the beautiful mountains and you can barely see the water line that was used from 1908-1973 (not totally positive on the dates) in the city of Canon.)

6 comments:

Diane said...

That sounds like a crazy day, but I'm glad you had fun. I'd love to see your new furniture and curtains. You should blog them!(:

Cami said...

You are such a great, fun mom! Looks like Reid had a blast. But, no pics of the new family room?

Heidi said...

Ooo, I have wanted to take that train ride for so long! So you think it was worth it, eh? We'll have to add that to our summer plans.

Brenny said...

I've always wanted to ride that train. It looked beautiful!

And I'm with everyone else -- post pictures of your new furniture!

Erica said...

Looks like so much fun!! When are we going to see some pictures of the curtains and furniture?

Lauren said...

You are crazy girl! What a great mom you are though to take Reid on such a fun adventure. :) Grace and Taggart would've LOVED it! Furniture huh? Exciting! Come see ME!