
So all of the preparation and stress payed off. I had so much fun!! The girls in my ward are absolutely amazing. I loved every minute of this past week. It was full of laughing, walking, spiritual moments and games. I taught the girls kick the can and it was a huge hit. They kept wanting to play it every night. Unfortunately we only got to play it the one night so we will have to wait until next year to play

again... I only took pic

tures once because I didn't want to carry around my camera the whole time, so these are from our last night roasting marsh mellows. We had testimony meeting before that and then sat around our hot coals, made s'mores and sang hymns and songs from the children's songbook. Then when that was all done I gave the girls their letters from their parents and they were crying before they

had even read them. It was really sweet. Then as if that wasn't a packed full evening, one of the leaders up there came up with the idea of washing the girls feet for them. She has some smelly soap and we heated water and went around to the three tents and read the scripture about when the Savior washed his disciples feet. They ate it up. They also had very dirty feet!! Anyway, it was so great and I learned so much about myself, the gospel and the importance of women. I hope the girls got as much if not more out of camp!!
7 comments:
You are so good. I'm glad you had a good time, and now, phew, it's over. Take some time to relax. You deserve it.
glad you guys had such a great time. i am just lucky that i got to go for a couple days, it was sooo hard for me to leave. you did an awesome job. thanks for leading the snipe hunt!
I'm glad that all your hard work paid off and you and the girls had such a great time. I knew you could do it. I'm glad your back home- I was surpised at how many times I wanted to call you and couldn't. I guess that means that I might like you! ;)
It was great. You really did a fabulous job putting it together!
And making the girls eat fruit...
How fun! I wish that I could've come with you. I'm sure that the girls had a blast with you!
SO fun!!! I totally missed out. Our girls are great! You did an awesome job
I didn't know that you served in YW? How fun for you that you went camp! Sounds like you had a blast.
Post a Comment