Friday, June 6, 2008

Hard Work!

At UNC here in Greeley there are some dorms being torn down to make room for some better dorms. Which is a good thing because the building that is being torn down is not looking so good. A little ghetto if you will. Anyway, Logan dragged me over to the campus to take Reid to watch and boy was I glad he did. Reid was in heaven. He totally loved watching the cranes rip apart the building and watching the pieces fly to the ground. It was actually pretty cool for all of us to watch. Reid refers to the cranes as "robots" eating the building. He is too funny. We went twice to watch this event and the second time there was a dump truck which intrigued him more than the cranes this time. He just watched the tractor load up the dump truck with the rubble. It was a different activity and we love new and exciting things to do.


Now, Logan and I are new at this whole cub scout thing and we were "able" to participate in day camp this year. Logan was in charge of the BB gun range on Monday (which was a nice sunny day) and I got to go on the Webelos day and hang out with the boys to make sure they didn't get into any trouble. The only thing about yesterday, oh yeah it was raining all day. It was cold, my pants were soaked up to my knees and I smelled like old towel from being wet all morning. Other than that though, I had a good time. I love the boys in our pack and they are so good to play around with me and dish back my sarcasm. My favorite part about the day was learning about space ships and rockets. I didn't know very much so it is always fun to learn more. We have been very busy. I just played in a tennis tournament that we lost in, sorry Annie, but it was still fun and gave me back the bug to play a little more. I love the game of tennis. The pros make it look too easy though and then I am disappointed when I am REALLY bad!! Oh well, still a good time. I have two and a half weeks left until camp and I am feeling the stress. It will be interesting this year. I have had some major let downs and some crazy stuff happen in my life that have made this planning and going to camp a bit daunting. I am being optimistic though and hope it will be a good time!! Until next time...

5 comments:

Cami said...

I told you to let me know when something cool was going on around town! Looks like fun, Reid is too cute and funny! Can't wait to see you at camp, Courtnee and I were just talking about it last night! YOu will do awesome.

Brenny said...

Destruction can be very entertaining. I'm always amazed how cranes and dump trucks can make little boys sit still.

I forget you still do cub scouts -- great story. I don't know that I'd have enough patience with the boys.

Sarah said...

Reid is all boy!! I bet the demolition was fun!!

amanda said...

I bet Reid loved the tractors. Tobe is so into that stuff right now. Dump trucks, tractors, fire trucks, you name it. How fun!!

Lauren said...

Grace would've loved that, too! So fun to sit and watch that.