Saturday, May 31, 2008

We love summertime!!

Summer brings a renewed love for the outdoors. Today we had a lot of fun outside enjoying our 80 degree weather. We started off the morning going to the farmers market in downtown. We love the downtown area. There isn't a lot of vegetation at the farmers market, just mostly crafts and plants but it was still really fun! Then we decided to walk around the downtown area and Logan took the opportunity to tell me every building that is for sale. He has this dream to revitalize the Greeley downtown area. I think it would be great. It needs some one to stand up and fix up the buildings. We really enjoy old buildings and lots of trees. Then we decided to head home and do some yard work. Unfortunately I am not so handy and I put way too much oil in the lawn mower and it is not working so great. In fact it is now smoking really bad. We couldn't finish mowing the lawn and so now it is half done and we are once again the ghetto family on the block. I am sure our neighbors love us!! :0) After that catastrophe we headed up to the town square in our subdivision where there was a child safety day. Reid was so excited to see the ambulance and police car that he was speechless. We couldn't get him to say two words in the ambulance. It was really cute and of course I forgot our camera so no pictures. :0( Then we went swimming. We love our pool. Reid had so much fun today throwing a tennis ball and shooting hoops in the basketball hoop. As if that is not enough of a day Devo stopped by our house and invited us out to the house to have a BBQ with his friends. Mom and Dad are gone back east with friends so Devo thought it would be fun to have some friends over and us. I was so touched that he would invite us over... I bet mom said he had to, but none the less I liked that he invited us. He made these really yummy burgers! I love burgers so he won me over. We played a little guitar hero and just like dancing with the stars I am addicted. I loved it. We finally decided that that was enough for one day and called it quits! It was a fun filled day and makes me love the beautiful weather we are having!

8 comments:

Cami said...

Sounds like a fun day. I guess I am not clued in on all the happenings around Greeley in the summertime. You need to help me out! If you ever want a friend at the pool, you can call on me!

Heidi said...

First things first, do you have a Dancing with the Stars game? I love that show and would love the game, I'm sure.

I know I laughed (sorry Logan) when you first told me about the Greeley grease-over, but I'm totally on board now! I love it and I hope Logan finds a way to do it! Isn't there some show on TLC about town make-overs??? Check it out and good luck!

Diane said...

My kids wanted to go to that safety carnival at St. Michael's, but we had a busy day and it didn't fit into the schedule. It sounded fun. Do you go to the pool at St. Michael's too? That would be torture for my kids to have marble slab connected to the pool. Way too tempting. Or more like annoying..."mom, can I go get an ice cream", the whole day.

Erica said...

Hey your day sounds like it was packed. I didn't do much and in fact didn't even shower until 3pm. Jamey was off helping in Windsor some more and I finished my book. So you guys were super busy and I just kicked back. But who are we chop liver- Devo didn't invite us for the BBQ? Maybe we aren't as cool and 2 more kids aren't as much fun as just 1.

Lauren said...

I'm glad that you had a busy Saturday. Sometimes those are nice. :) I love the pictures of Logan and Reid jammin' on the guitar. I'm glad that you had a good BBQ, too!

Brenny said...

Devon mentioned in his testimony on Sunday that your parents were out of town for a week. Darren and I turned to each other and said, "Party at the Hatch's!" So when you mentioned the barbeque, it made me laugh. :)

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm on board for beautifying downtown Greeley!

amanda said...

That picture of Reid is so funny. He looks so tired. Too cute.

Samantha said...

Reid looks EXACTLY like Logan in that picture of him with the guitar. That is hilarious. I hope your lawn mower stays alive. Happy Summer!