Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bearing my soul!!

First of all I need to apologize to all of you who will read this. I am at one of the lowest points in my life. For two years Logan and I have tried and tried to have a baby. We have had test after test and found nothing wrong with either of us. Still nothing happened. Then two years into trying we decided to take it a step further and do artificial insemination. Two weeks ago I found out I was pregnant with our second child. The joy I felt was beyond description. I felt like every prayer had been answered, that every tear I had cried had brought me closer to my Savior and that through this trial I had learned so much about myself. But it was all ripped away from me. I began cramping and spotting today and went into the doctor to have my worst fears confirmed. I was losing this so precious little baby that I had already began to love with everything I had. It was there in my fingertips. I could see myself rocking this little baby and Reid helping in every way he knew how. Then nothing but pain. I feel so alone... I have never cried like I have cried today. I have never felt so low before. I have never felt so betrayed. I know in my heart that the feelings I am feeling toward my Father in Heaven are not justified because He has had a hand in everything good in my life, but I can't help the anger I feel for what has happened to me. To feel like all my prayers had been answered and then to feel like I had been mocked for having hope that I was going to have a baby is all I can feel. I always imagined myself with a house full of kids and Reid would be such a good big brother and I can't even give him that. I feel like a failure. I see baby after baby born and I wonder what I have done to not be blessed with this amazing miracle. It makes no sense. All I can do is blame myself for this. I must be doing something wrong that the Lord doesn't see fit to make this happen for us. Yet all in the same breath I am amazed today that I have my little Reid. He is so great and so sweet and I love him so much. I feel like a worthless mom today because all I have done is cried and cried. He keeps asking me if I am all right and all I can do is smile and say that I am fine. He just wants me to be happy and I can't even do that for him. I am so confused. I am so lost and alone. What a terrible way to feel. If you read this, please don't call me, I just needed to get this out and feel like some one was listening because right now I feel like my feelings aren't being heard by the one person I am always told I can count on. My faith today has taken a beating and throughout my life I have always bounced back and I hope that this time I will be able to as well. I know the things I know and I know what my heart feels. But my emotions don't match any of that and I don't know what to do with myself...

11 comments:

amanda said...

Oh Ashley. I feel sick. I can't believe that. You have every right to feel the way you are feeling. So much joy...so much pain. Just know you are not alone. Those who love you most are aching with you right now. I will pray for you to find some comfort.

amanda said...

Ashley - Know we love you and that we pray for you and your little family. The throws of emotion are just another reason we are here to be tried. We pray for you and hope your righteous desire will be given. I love you - Brett

Cami said...

Ashley, I am so sorry to hear about the pain that you are going through. I have been through both insemination and a miscarriage (although not together), but I won't pretend to even understand exactly how you are feeling. I do remember having some of the same thoughts that you are having now, and that's okay. I can tell how strong you are and you are being such a great mom to Reid. I am glad that you have the prespective you do. I will pray for you that you can continue to have the strength you need and the comfort to carry on. I hope you have gotten a blessing? Please call me if you need ANYTHING, even to talk!

Lauren said...

I want to echo everything that has already been commented. I hope that you know that I love you and that you and Logan are in our thoughts and prayers. I love you so much BFF and I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Please let me know if you need something.

Samantha said...

My heart is broken and I feel lost all over again. I miscarried in November of 2005 and that sweet baby of mine would have been born the first week of June. I think about that little one often, especially now as the time draws near. Aahley, you will make it through. Father in Heaven loves his daughters and I know that he doesn't give us anything we can't handle. You will see the sun rise soon. Maybe not tomorrow, or the next day, but soon. Trials are the paint brush the Lord uses to paint the picture of our lives. Every painting is different, some are dark, some are bright. But know that even in the bright painting that Lord used dark paint, but He never lets go of the paint brush. He is always there. I love you. If you want to talk, call me. We can cry together.

Erica said...

I don't know what to say. All the emotion of finding out you were expecting and now this horrible news. I wish I could take your pain away. I love you more than you know and it kills me to see your struggle the last 2 years. Stay close to the Lord and keep the faith. This is only going to make you stronger. You and Logan are in my prayers!! xoxox

Haley L said...

Ashley,

I know I haven't seen you in ages, but I keep up with you through Erica. I know it's been a long journey complicated by the fact that you've never been given good answers as to why this is happening. The last thing you want to hear right now I'm sure is some pointing out the positives (believe me . . . I'm a BIG fan of pitty pots!), BUT after working in OB/GYN for 2 years I can tell you that it is fantastic news that you were able to conceive AND that it is incredibly rare for someone to miscarry twice in a row. I saw lots and lots of success stories like yours and honestly, my first reaction was joy that YOU WERE ABLE TO GET PREGNANT! If it worked once, it can work again!! I have a good feeling about all of it! Until then, it's 100% OK to be angry, confused, betrayed and everything in between. I will pass with time and God's help.

Karen said...

Ashley - I am so sorry. Don't feel guilty for the way you feel. I hope and pray that you will keep your chin up and hang in there.

Brenny said...

I'm so, so sorry Ashley.

Heidi said...

Oh Ashley! Nothing I say or write can make you feel better, but just know that I am thinking of you guys.

Much love,
Heidi

Kelly Stanworth said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you here in Utah. It never makes you feel better when someone says that they've been there, but it's the only way to let you know that what you are feeling is so normal. I've been through a few (4) myself and it is SO hard. Looking back, though, I can honestly say that it did make me stronger and perhaps that time in my life just wasn't right. We'll keep you in our prayers. Hang in there and you'll get through this very hard time in your life!