Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dirt and Dump Trucks



So as if we aren't the ghetto family on the block already with our missing door bell, we have now proven our white trashiness! Reid is obsessed with dirt and dump trucks. He can't go for a drive without yelling at the top of his lungs that he has seen a truck of some sort. He also has the hardest time staying out of my garden in the back yard. (Which I might add is producing corn, onions and carrots so far!) So, Logan thinks up this idea to go over to the vacant lot across the street with Reid's little bucket and shovel and get some dirt. He then precedes to dump the dirt on the back porch for Reid to play in. Now our porch is covered in dirt and the kitchen has dirt all over the ground from a dirty little boy coming into the house after playing in the dirt all day. Sorry if you live by us, we have no door bell so we don't know if you stop by to see us and if we do happen to hear you knock, chances are that you will end up with dirt all over your feet and possibly your behind if you sit down on anything that Reid has touched!! I love it though. I wouldn't trade all the mess for the world. He wakes up in the morning asking to play outside and also at nap time. I hopefully will get a sweet tan from all of the outdoor activity!

5 comments:

Cami said...

I love it! I love the line of cars, my kids do that too! I didn't get a sandbox because I didn't want dirt all over my kitchen, but now we have the biggest sandbox ever because they find dirt anyway (in the garden, etc.) So I may as well give them an actual place to keep it. Gotta love those boys! By the way, Courtnee and I are crashing girls camp probably on Thursday night. They can't kick us out like that right before camp! And Anna is going the whole week with the stake!

Lauren said...

I love the dirt. Nice work, Logan. I love how much he is a boy loving "boy" stuff. So fun! I wish I could eat your corn and onions and carrots. Yummy. You can get a tan in AZ, too... :)

Erica said...

Most 'normal' people get their kids sand boxes, but I know you tow are nothing 'normal'. I wish I was better about letting my boys play in the dirt and getting dirty. Enjoy this Reid!!

Samantha said...

Be grateful that your children can play outside. Last weekend it was 113 here in the vally of the sun. My children cook when they go outside. Oh well. Enjoy the dirt, Reid!

amanda said...

That is such a great idea. Who needs a sandbox when you can mooch off the empty lot. Boys love dirt. Tobe thinks it is so funny when he gets dirty.
You must be a patient mom.