P.S. I just realized that I need to explain the picture of Mirissa next to the kid in one of the pictures. We were just standing there when this kid came up to Jeff (Mirissa's husband) and asked to use his cell phone to call his mom because he ran faster than his sister and didn't know where his family was. This kid said he was 8 I think. Anyway so Jeff let him use it and we felt an obligation to wait for his mom to come and get him so here we are waiting for his mom to show up. I was so scared for him with all of those people around, but thankfully he found us and wasn't stolen. I worry to much!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Memorial Day: The Boulder Boulder!!
(Warning: all of the pictures were taken after the race, so I don't look so great!!)
Okay so I was planning on running the Boulder Boulder since back on January I think. Well we did the insemination and I was told I couldn't do anything physical for two weeks after that. We
ll then I got pregnant and was so worried about working out that I didn't do anything for about a month and a half. Since I miscarried, I decided what the heck I'll do it. So up comes Monday and I have only ran twice the week before. It was really hard, but totally worth it. I ran it in about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Not fast at all, but I am determined to run it in 55 minutes next year. It is a fun r
ace. There is so much going on along the course. There are bands playing, people partying, slip n' slides and sprinklers going and people just out watching the people go by. There are also people racing who join in on the fun. I saw super heroes, people with wig afros, a banana (Reid's favorite), people in tu tu's and so on. It was fun to be a part of something so huge. There were a ton of people there. I couldn't believe the amount of people. I ran the race with
my friend Mirissa and she is much faster so she left me in the dust. That was a good thing for her because she ran it way faster than me! I feel pretty good today, a little sore, but I expected that. Yesterday my knees hurt really bad, but I have always had knee problems since I have started running more. I am looking forward to running the race for the cure on July 4th now. I have a new found desire to get better at running. Wish me luck!! :0)
P.S. I just realized that I need to explain the picture of Mirissa next to the kid in one of the pictures. We were just standing there when this kid came up to Jeff (Mirissa's husband) and asked to use his cell phone to call his mom because he ran faster than his sister and didn't know where his family was. This kid said he was 8 I think. Anyway so Jeff let him use it and we felt an obligation to wait for his mom to come and get him so here we are waiting for his mom to show up. I was so scared for him with all of those people around, but thankfully he found us and wasn't stolen. I worry to much!!
P.S. I just realized that I need to explain the picture of Mirissa next to the kid in one of the pictures. We were just standing there when this kid came up to Jeff (Mirissa's husband) and asked to use his cell phone to call his mom because he ran faster than his sister and didn't know where his family was. This kid said he was 8 I think. Anyway so Jeff let him use it and we felt an obligation to wait for his mom to come and get him so here we are waiting for his mom to show up. I was so scared for him with all of those people around, but thankfully he found us and wasn't stolen. I worry to much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Can you imagine letting your kids run by themselves and then losing each other? Good thing that little boy found some honest, caring people. I worry like that too. Something about being a mother.
Good Job to run. I've always thought about it(boulder boulder), but never have. Maybe one day. I have run the Race for a cure, which is always fun. I like the pink sparkle tanks.
Wow! You are my hero. I am working up to running my first 5K and when I read about you-well my dear,it made me so EXCITED! You look incredible, by the way. Thanks for posting about the race. You, Amanda, and Erica are my inspiration. One of these days, I will post about my first race. That is if I live through a race in AZ. I might die of heat exhaustion before I make it to the finish line. :-)
I love the outfits. You look stunning!! Good job. I'm impressed you ran that far without much training. I guess there is hope for me?
I love the shirts. I guess it would be fun to do something like that next year with my friends. I loved it and now I can see this as my new obsession. I already have 2 more races I want to run!!
Love the pink sparkly shirts. Can I have your's? :) You do look fabulous, you're making me so jealous. Quit it! I'm proud of you for running. Nice job!
I like the sparkly pink tank tops, too! Good job runnin'. :) I've run the Bolder Boulder once a while back, and I'd like to do it again. I think Darren would get a kick out of the crowds and people. Good job!
Post a Comment