Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fire Safety Week

At story time last Tuesday we were informed that it was fire safety week. Lucky for Reid they were getting a fire truck to come to a library for the occasion and of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to let him see yet another fire truck up close. So last week we went to the library with Aiden and Sarah Bugarin to participate in this event. Reid of course loved it. He got to sit in the truck and "drive"it, he learned all about the tools on the truck and also got to see a fire fighter get into his fire gear. I really liked this part because the fire fighter talked about the importance of going towards a fire fighter rather than away even though they may look scary. They will help you in a fire. So I had Reid go up to him and talk to him and take a picture next to him so that he could see that he was a real person. Then they watched him take off all of his stuff and see that it was him all along. It was a good time!

7 comments:

Gary and Amy said...

That's fun you and Sarah still get to hang out. Your boys must have fun together, too!

Brenny said...

How fun! I love it that Reid likes fire trucks so much.

Cami said...

Boys are so great. How fun for Reid to see a real live fireman! By the way, I love your new blog, maybe it isn't new, but I haven't seen it yet! I don't always go to actual blogs with google reader. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog too.

Clymer Fam said...

Great pics Ashley. I love fire safety days, but my boys are too cool for that now ;) It was good to see you guys the other day. Take care!

amanda said...

I am so behind on blogging so this is the ONLY time I appreciate your lack of posts:) I'm glad Reid enjoyed the fire trucks. They really are so cool.
Hope all is well with you. I will talk to you soon.

Diane said...

Reid is bound to be a firefighter when he grows up. What a fun field trip. One day I'm going to try to fit in the library days. They are so cute, but I never find the time to go. You're a great Mom!

Stacey said...

I saw your blog on facebook, your little boy is so cute, and you are so grown up and beautiful! (Yes I realize you weren't going to be a beehive forever!) It is so fun to be able to keep up with you again. Check out my blog www.markandstaceyfamilyblog.blogspot.com