Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Marvin


I feel like our poor cat just gets looked over. Maybe it is because I still can't get over that he ruined our carpet in the basement by peeing all over it!! Just kidding. I just guess he doesn't do much but sleep and drive Logan's allergies crazy. 
But something did happen. On Thursday last week I noticed that the hair on his forehead was all raised up and messed up. I thought maybe he had just been cleaning himself and went to fix it. Only to find out it was actually a huge bump on his head. I looked a noticed he had a wound and really started to worry. More about if it was like a parasite or something gross like that. So I made him stay outside all day and only in the garage until Logan came home. I then made an appt for the vet for Friday. Friday rolls around and I thought, "Okay our animals are getting way too expensive. Maybe he doesn't need to
 go." So I checked the spot one more time. It was still swollen and I noticed that I missed the second wound to the right of the first one. Logan told me for sure to take him in because he thought it was an abscess. 
After a lengthy ride to the vet with Marvin mowing and then mowing and whining even more while the vet took care of him (they took him in the back so Reid and I wouldn't have to see or hear it) it was in fact an abscess. The vet thinks he got bit on the head by another cat. I don't know what Marvin was doing to get bit on the head but the poor thing now looks funny because they had to shave his head to see the areas. We are supposed to keep him indoors for a week just to keep bacteria to a minimum, but I also think for his self confidence it is a good idea too! 

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Poor Marvin! I hate it when animals get gross stuff like that. I like his shaved hair. lol.

Erica said...

That's kind of yucky!! Poor little cat. What do you have to do to take care of it? I hope it get better soon.

Brenny said...

Yikes! and gross. Poor Marvin and poor Ashley because you had to feel it. *shiver*

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Hope Marvin gets better soon!