Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy Little Life...

The other day Reid and I went over to Grandma and Grandpa Richardson's to help Logan print off the t-shirt transfers for these shirts. 

Let me explain what these shirts are all about before I jump into what happens when Grandma is gone. Okay, so Logan coaches tennis as most of you know. He is very creative in his coaching techniques and is always trying to think of new ways to teach the girls how to play. Well he was having a hard time getting through to them about how to gently hit the ball back and so he came up with the slogan, "Happy little strokes." Taking from Bob Ross his attitude of everything being happy. So for regionals the girls decided it would be fun to make shirts to wear. This is what they came up with. Plastering Bob Ross on the back of the shirt with Happy little strokes underneath it! It turned out cute! And of course the girls loved them. We made one for Logan, Reid and me too. Logan's said coach, Reid's said coach's kid and mine said coach's wife. I thought that was a cute idea from Logan! We didn't send any girls to state so I don't know if the Happy Little Strokes works, but it was still a fun couple of days with the girls! They looked so good in their shirts. Everyone kept asking us what it meant, it was a long story to explain, but we were HAPPY to do so! :) 
Okay so now onto the fun that happens at Grandma's house when she is away. Our nephew Mason and niece Rylee were there hanging out with Kristin and Grandpa so that was an added bonus for us, we love those kiddos. Reid played with Mason and Mason asked me a lot of questions about what I was making and it was just fun to talk to him. Then he left the room I was working in and came running back in to tell Grandpa to come look in the kitchen, this is what we saw. 
Needless to say neither of them knew that if you put too much liquid soap in the dishwasher it suds up. The floor was covered in soapy water! It was so funny and Mason tried to stop me from taking the above picture but I succeeded and took it anyway. Grandpa said that this is the first time in over 30 years he has had to start the dishwasher. I am learning that maybe it isn't safe for Grandma to go away with out Grandpa anymore!! :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice Post! I love the T-shirts, Classic Richardson creativity. I have done the liquid soap in the dishwasher thing, not fun. So hey, can I read your adoption blog? IF not its okay, just asking. :)

Stacie Mathis said...

You ought to see what happens when a 7 year old cleans up to surprise her mom and dad while they are gone and puts in spic-n-span instead of dishwasher soap! SUD-CITY! It happened twice. Somehow, I never got in trouble after all the effort I went to to surprise them with a clean kitchen!

Adam Jensen said...

I wish I could see the shirts better! I can't click on it to make it bigger? Sound like so much fun! Miss ya

Lauren said...

LOVE THEM! What a cute idea. The dishwasher story made me laugh! Miss ya.