Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Life is pretty surreal for me right now. Last year this time I was on cloud nine being about six weeks pregnant with our second child. Then days later that joy turned to the deepest sorrow I have never felt before from loosing that baby.

This year that joy is back with the help of a new dear friend who has chosen us to adopt the twin babies she is carrying. It is amazing to me how selfless she is in giving us this gift. I love her in a way I never knew possible and am so thankful at what she has taught me.

I have always loved Mother's Day. Even as a child as I watched my own mother and from watching the many women in my life being mothers in many different ways. I have never thought you have to be a mother by having your own children. A mother is a mother no matter what. It is just in us! So growing up watching these many women around me posses the traits of motherhood I feel overwhelmed to fill those shoes. I have had many opportunities to be a mother in many capacities and only hope that I am doing the best that I can.

So to all of you mothers out there, have a great day!

9 comments:

Cami said...

What? You are getting twins? That is so exciting. I totally need details now. I am going to your adoption blog immediately and better find out more info there! Congratulations!

Cami said...

Okay, so I am not invited to your other blog, so I can't get details, but congrats and good luck!

Gary and Amy said...

You get to adopt twins? What a blessing! I am sure you will do a fabulous job.

Erica said...

I actually thought the same thing this year about you. I am so happy that this years Mother's Day was such a happy day for you.

Samantha said...

I called my mother immediately after I read your blog. Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

violyngirl said...

Perfect mother's day gift! So happy for you Ashley!

Adam Jensen said...

Amazing. Couldn't be happier for you guys. what a great mother's day!!! looks like you guys had a great trip 2!

Crystel said...

Congratulations guys! What huge blessings! So happy for you. :)

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Twins?!? Are you kidding me?!? That is so exciting. I am so happy for you guys. How lucky those little babies are going to be to have you guys as parents! Congrats!