Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Day Of Preschool



The school year has once again started. This year I could tell that Reid was ready to get back to school and so we were both very excited for this day, but once it was here I have to admit I was quite sad to see him go. One more year has passed and he is older. This parenting thing sure has its ups and downs for me.
We had a visitation day the week before school and Reid was in rare form. He changed class rooms and teacher this year. He didn't talk to any one new and sat on the carpet by himself just watching the other kids play. I invited him out side on the playground to see if I could just talk to him when he said, "I just want to be a shy guy". Okay... so I let him play by himself out side. Thankfully a couple of kids from last year showed up and he got out of his shell a bit. On the first day of school he told me the same thing, he was going to be a shy guy. I reassured him that was fine but to make sure he was a good guy and was kind. When I went to pick him up he was playing and laughing on the play ground and he told me on the way home he decided not to be a shy guy. Sorry long story but so funny to me. Shy guy... makes me laugh. The school year has gone great so far and he really likes his teacher, even better than last year he said. He is sounding out words really well and starting to recognize some sight words. I am so proud of him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothin' wrong with bein' the shy guy from time to time, but I'm glad he is making friends and doing so well!