Two weekends ago we worked outside on the landscape and preparing a place for our garden. It was so fun to get outsi
de and get all dirty making the yard look good and planning a garden. It was also a tone of work. We had to move so much rock and Logan did most of it. I felt bad, but it was worth it... I hope!! I am so excited to have fresh veggies for the summer. It will also help the grocery bill!! Produce is outrageous! My dad has been a huge help with questions that we have about planting a garden. He let us borrow a book of his and has answered any questions I have had, and I have had a lot!! I love working out in the yard and it is funny because I used to hate watering and weeding my dad's garden. Although if any of you have seen it, it is no small garden. More like a field of different veggies and fruits. 
That same day we went to my sister's house to have a family dinner. It was so fun and Reid needed to have some boy time. It seems like a lot of his friends are girls. They got to paint little figurines and decorate a bag to take them home in. It is always fun to get together and chat and let the kids run wild!! Thanks Erica for a fun day!!
This weekend Logan had a tennis tournament on Friday and Saturday and was very busy. It was hard to be sick and also not have Logan around to help me feel better. He helped with Reid a lot though which was so nice. Reid loved going to work with Logan and then riding the bus to Longmont and back. Speaking of riding the bus, on Friday Reid and I went with Logan to his tournament. Reid was in the car napping and it was really hot so I left the car running so he wouldn't over heat. I am not sure if it was because of the car running idle or not, but it died. It would start and then it would die. So we had to have it towed back to Greeley and ride the bus home with the tennis team. Reid loved it so much. He kept talking about the "blue" bus (they have a blue bus I guess because their school colors are blue and white). Anyway, it has been an action packed week, starting with getting our yard in shape, me getting sick and then our car breaking down and Reid having the time of his life on a bus!! So there you go, you are all caught up on our lives. Not much but we love it! Oh yeah and potty training is going okay. We have our good days and we have our bad days. Yesterday was a bad day, he pooped his pants THREE times. Luckily Logan had Reid and had to deal with it, sorry honey!! ;0)
4 comments:
that is so cool that you guys are doing a garden. I hope to have one someday and I wouldn't know where to begin! Good luck :)
You so didn't tell me that you planted a garden! Nice work. Good luck and I'm sure that it will be fantastic. I miss you tons. :)
I'm glad that I got to see a picture of where you put the garden. I was wondering where you guys were doing that at. I hope all the vegies turn out just right. By the way- that blue bus is pretty fancy!!
Darren and I are doing a garden for the first time this year, too. I have no idea where to start! Looks like I may have a new resource. Seriously, you need to teach me all you can about this 'green thumb' thing. I like rocks. They aren't green.
Post a Comment