
Reid's request this year for his birthday was that he could have a fire truck birthday. I began planning his birthday around fire trucks and it was just continuing to get more lame as I planned. Then I remembered that our old ward took the YW to a fire station in Milliken and that a man in our ward was a volunteer fire fighter there. Well that got me thin

king, maybe we could have his party at the fire station, no too far to drive. I wonder if he could bring the truck to us... so I called and he said yes!! I was so excited and of course so was Reid. He could only talk about this fire

truck birthday party. Then he started requesting that cranes be there and buses and all sorts of different vehicles. I just ignored him knowing that a fire truck would be just enough for him. So yesterday was the big day. He did so good and was very polite thanking everyone for his gifts as they walked in the door. We had pizza and watermelon, then cake and then IT came. Down t

he street with lights flas

hing it was finally here. The kids were so excited and came running from where ever they were talking and laughing!! It was really cute to see them just appear from all over our house. So out we went. Blair, our fire fighter, wore his gear with hat and all, and began the fun of the fire truck. He shot up water that almost hit the people across the open lot from us, that was funny too because they were scrambling to get out of they way of the water... good times!! Then all of the kids had the chance to sit in the drivers seat and the back and just look around. They loved it. I think once they got in the truck they didn't want to come out! Fina

lly it was time for Blair to get the truck back to the station so they had to hop off and watch the truck go away with ligh

ts and sirens. They all waved good by and in the house we headed to open presents. He got some really great gifts, thank you to every one, and he loved opening them. He was also very protective of them... It was a fun filled day and all of the kids, including the birthday boys (we kind of included dad's birthday for the festivities)!
7 comments:
How fun! My kids would've LOVED it, too. Sad we're not there. :( Reid is so huge I can't believe it. He's so cute! I love the firetruck. Blair is too nice to do that.
The party was great Ashley!! Thanks for having us over! I can't believe Reid id three!
I'm so turning you in for improper use of an emergency vehicle! haha! Blair was talking to me about it yesterday! What a great party!
That is so fun. You'll need to be thinking of how you're going to top that one for next year, right now.
Did you decide to have Reid in preschool next year? That will be fun if he and Abby are in the same class.
I feel so bad that we missed it!! Mom said that you got lots of pictures so I need to see them.
What a fun idea. It looked like a great day to be a three-year-old kid! Happy Birthday Reid!
WOW! What a birthday to remember!
Post a Comment