Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sitting in the dentist chair

Logan and I had cleanings the other day and I wanted them to just look in Reid's mouth to get him used to having some one prodding around in there. Well he seemed to be very brave that day and so I thought what the heck, how about if we go all the way? So Kim, Logan's hygienist, agreed to my request and polished, flossed, and gave him a fluoride treatment on his teeth. She was so great and Reid did awesome. I was so proud that yes I shed a silent tear or two. After having worked in a dental office and dealt with children who were not cooperative, I was so thrilled that my little boy was so wonderful. Not that I had anything at all to do with it, but I was still so proud. So he got his teeth cleaned, checked out by the dentist (a.k.a. Grandpa Hatch) and went home with a goody bag full of floss, tooth paste, tooth brush and chap stick. He loved his experience so much that he couldn't wait to get home and brush his teeth with his new tooth brush and tooth paste. He speaks to my heart with all of this oral hygiene intrigue! I love it!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

You know me and oral hygiene, too. Reid is so cute. Glad that he likes going to see his dentist (Grandpa!) :)

Erica said...

Isn't it so fun the first time?

Adam Jensen said...

that is so cute. he is a sweet boy