Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th!!

I absolutely love this holiday. I am such a nerd when it comes to the country I live in. It is the best country and I am lucky enough to live here. It is a blessing that I do not take for granted. We started our day off with the race for the cure in downtown G-town. It was a 5K. Considering that I hadn't ran for two weeks you could understand how I was very nervous to see how I would perform. I did okay. It took me way too long and I was way too tired, but hey there is always next year to do better!! Then we had friends and family come over for a BBQ. I was a ton of fun and a lot of good food. We of course were watching tennis, sorry to those who don't like it, but I had to get my fill since I was gone for most of the tournament. Then everyone left I got a ten minute nap and we were off to the Rockies game with Jeff, Mirissa and Olivia. You can't celebrate our country with out the American sport of baseball. It was a GREAT game. We always end up going to the best games with those two. Anyway after the game they had this spectacular fire works show. It was so great. For some of the time Reid watches with Logan's hands covering his ears. Then he became brave and watched them with out his ears being covered and loved every minute of it. It was fun filled day and we were exhausted and tired, but it was totally worth it. You only get to celebrate our countries freedom once a year so I figure make it a good one!! :0)

5 comments:

amanda said...

I forgot you were running the 5k. How'd you do?? I don't think the 10k os going to happen for me this year. Oh well maybe next year:(
I too love the 4th of July.

Erica said...

The fireworks looked so good- I guess the Rockies have a bit more money to put on a really good show. Man was I pooped the rest of the day- I almost skipped fireworks I was so tired!!

Samantha said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Happy Birthday to Reid! I can't believe he is 3. Time does fly. Enjoy July! I wish I were in Colorado instead of being here in Mesa with 110 degree weather plus a little humidity. Oh well.

Lauren said...

SO GOOD to talk to you the other day. Glad that you had a great time on the 4th. :)

ladybugLoUCKs said...

Looks like it was an awesome 4th. I love the holiday, too....and Rockies games. I like his curly hair.