Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

It seems only fitting that my one hundredth post should be about Halloween. I love this holiday for the fact that people dress up in funny costumes and then take their kids out to get candy from door to door. I love it!


This year was no exception for us to dress up. Reid wanted to be a cowboy, so we decided (with a little help from my friend Kelli) that he would not be any cowboy but a bull rider. That way Logan and I could dress up with him and be rodeo clowns.

We went to our church party last night and played the night away. Reid walked forever on the cake walk, but never won, poor kid. But he made up for it at the trunk or treat. He made out like a bandit. Good for him, bad for us. But on the other hand I guess once a year eating so much candy you could puke is fun... right??
Logan said I had to put this picture in. This guy in our ward said he was dressed up like Obama. He and Logan had a good time cracking jokes while he was handing out candy to all the kids. Oh politics...
Oh yeah and we totally should have won best costume this year except some little kid won best costume for his rodeo clown outfit so they couldn't give the adult best costume to rodeo clowns too! Way Lame, thanks kid! ;) Although I thought that this couple should have won. I laughed so hard when I saw them. Good work Chanda!!
We hope you all had a great Halloween!!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

You guys look SO AWESOME! You always have such great ideas. Reid was an adorable bull rider. I'm glad that you guys had fun. I miss ya, sista!

Heidi said...

You guys didn't win!? You looked great. Who did win for the adults? We were outside I guess.

Brenny said...

I loved your costumes! You totally should have won. And I'm still sorry Reid didn't get a cupcake! We should have rigged it more...

I liked the hula hooped costumes, too. Very clever. And so funny that Beau was saying he was Obama. Taking from the rich to give to the poor -- Robin Hood. Totally funny.

Adam Jensen said...

Awesome costumes! You guys are always so creative. Reid looks like an authentic cowboy, you should enter him in the mutton bustin' next greeley stampede! We missed trunk or treat! it's funny those things you take for granted living in a big ward. :)

Samantha said...

Love the costumes. You guys are a riot. Thanks for chatting with me last night. It was nice to chat. We need to do that more often.

amanda said...

Cute costumes. You guys are always so festive for Halloween. It is my favorite holiday too. But now the stress of putting together just the right costume has it coming in 2nd. I think I will change to Thanksgiving.

Sarah said...

You guys should have won, hands down. You guys were perfect geeks...oh wait. You were supposed to be rodeo clowns?!?! Oh yeah, great clown costumes!!!