Sunday, December 9, 2007

Once there was a snowman...



Yep, this is why you live in Colorado. It doesn't get any better than this. It snowed all day yesterday, and not just any snow, it was huge beautiful flaky snow. It covered the whole ground and left a mist of white in the air. We of course (and I am very thankful it was Saturday so Logan could play with us)had to play in the snow. We had a busy day, Reid's cousin Mya is in town and had her birthday party at a gymnastics place (I took pictures, long story, I will post them later) and then it was nap time. He was pretty worn out so he took a good nap and by the time he woke up it was dark. No problem, we would just turn on the porch lights, so we did and had a blast. We wanted to build a snowman, but it was a dry powder snow, which I understand is the best to ski on, I don't ski, so we changed plans and just played in it. Our neighbors were out in the snow too shoveling their driveway, and their kids came over and played with Reid. It was really cute and they were so nice to him. They are really good kids, and their parents are super nice. I love the snow and am so happy it snowed so good. I know you probably aren't supposed to play in the snow on Sunday, but come on, I can't let all of this "unplayed" with snow go to waste. In Colorado you act now, because by tomorrow it may be melted...

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Hooray for snow! You were right-it is so pretty! It does make me miss the snow, but not the cold and wind that goes along with it. I have had sort of a rough day... I miss you so much. :(

amanda said...

I like the new look of your blog. So festive. I love snow if only it would just land on the grass and roof. None of this shoveling and driving in the crappy stuff.
And thanks for your comment. You are so sweet.
Yours and Logan's 5 year is just around the corner!!

Erica said...

We really need Christmas to hurry up and get here so Santa can give the kids their hats, gloves and snow pants. We would have loved to play in the snow but we don't really have any winter gear that fits!!

Adam Jensen said...

I know! I love the snow, growing up in AZ I can't believe I live in such a winter wonderland!!! But we are short on snow supplies... I got Kyler all his snow gear, but don't have any for Adam and I ... now we have gloves, but that's about it. looks like I need to go shopping ;)

Samantha said...

This is why I live in AZ. I know you love it, but I don't think I want to shovel it. Reid is adorable. I hope you are having a great holiday. (Oh, I finally set up our blog, so check us out.)
-Samantha

AJ said...

Looks like you had some fun in the snow. Andrea Jewkes