Monday, February 2, 2009
Life With out Grandpa
My mom called me this morning about 8:00 am to inform me that my Grandpa Tobe has passed away. It was a bittersweet moment for me. He has had some health problems now for about three years that had been really hard for him. With my Grandma passing in November he was really ready to be done with this life. He had a great life though. I loved sitting with him while he told stories of his past. He was in WWII on a B-17 and never tired of answering my bagillion question I asked. His stories were so fun to listen to. He was such a fun person to be around. I remember when he used to come into Dad's office and he brought such an ambiance with him. I love it when he and Grandma would come in. I have many memories of him and love him dearly. He will be missed but I know he is with Grandma now doing the work they need to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
He was a really fun guy to be around. I am so glad I got to know him. I am really going to try to come to the funeral. Hopefully I can make it. I am thinking of you and your family:(
What a trying couple of months for you and your family. I did call my mother to update her and I am sure she will call Kevin as well. We are all thinking of you. You are in our prayers.
I was sorry to hear of the passing of your grandpa. I know you and your family are strong people and find hope and joy in the gospel plan, it is just hard to apply it to our own lives, sometimes.
I will be thinking about you and your family this week and hope you can enjoy reminiscing about a wonderful man, you call "Grandpa".
Much love to you all,
Dawn
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa! It is always hard to lose someone you love and that was a huge part of your life. Please let me know if you need anything!
I am so grateful that we have such wonderful memories of him. He was for sure a wonderful person!! Thanks for going to lunch with me today, it was so nice seeing you and getting to talk. Take care!!
Oh, that kills me. I hate to think of when that day will come. I am so sorry and sad for you. I hope your next post is a more cheery one - for your sake, you need that in your life right now!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope you and your mom and family are doing okay. So tough to lose parents/grandparents so close together, but now he is with his eternal companion, you know. Isn't it great that we can be together with our families forever!? You've been in my thoughts so much lately. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Post a Comment