So this last weekend Logan and I had the opportunity to go to the mountains. His oldest brother Tyler lives up there and was going to be away on vacation himself and offered us his home to stay in. Well we couldn't resist a quiet weekend away and jumped on the chance to have some alone time. We left Friday night and got home on Sunday afternoon. Reid stayed with his cousins Elle and Macey, and from what I heard had a blast. He caused a lot of trouble with his partner in crime (Macey) and never stopped for a moment. He also got to go to Grandma and Grandpa Hatchs house and see his other cousins Spencer and Jamison to have an Easter Egg Hunt. It sounds like his weekend was just as great as ours. I am so glad and so thankful to Sarah and Collin, and Erica and Jamey for taking such good care of my little man.
On to our great we
ekend. It is about a three and a half hour drive to Carbondale so on Friday night it was pretty late by the time we got there, so we bought some frozen pizza and snac
ks and watched a little television before calling it a night and retiring to a massive california king sized bed. Logan said he has never slept better because I wasn't all over him. Nice huh?? Anyway, we awoke Saturday really late (by really late I mean 8:00 AM, I don't sleep in very well) and got ready to go snow shoeing. We rented all of our gear got directions on where to go and off we went. The only problem is that we weren't really listening to the lady when she was telling us how to get there so we ended up taking an hour detour before turning around and discovering that if we would havejust stayed on the road instead of turning off we would
have made it to our destination in like 15 min. instead of 1 1/2 hours. Oh well it was a beautiful drive and we love to look at h
omes so it was definitely not a waste. We also ran into some llamas that were no help with directions but very cute so we got out and took a picture next to them. Okay so snow shoeing is so much fun. We played and raced all over the trail laughing the whole time. It was a gorgeous day! The weather was perfect! After snow shoeing we went back to the house took naps then got ready and headed into Aspen. It is a cute town with a lot of shops, expensive shops, that weren't worth going into because I couldn't even afford just looking at the
merchandise. None the less it was fun to walk around the city and see all it had to offer. The restaurants down town were not looking good, we walked into one and it smelled like old building that I was dry heaving being in there and Logan was brea
thing heavy because it jacked with his asthma so we turned around and left that place, fast! On our way out of town we spotted a BBQ joint, just our cup of tea, down home cooking with people just having fun. It was amazing, maybe the best ribs I have ever tasted! Then home again to finish off the night with chinese checkers, skip bo, poker, basketball, and a little HGTV. We woke up Sunday washed
all of the towels and sheets and headed home. It was so nice to have some time with just Logan and be ableto just have fun with out worrying about Reid. It was wonderful. Enjoy the pictures and I will post about Easter next time. Have a great day!! :0)
8 comments:
How nice to have alone time together. We don't know what that is, but will get some in a few weeks! It was fun to see you the other night, too bad we didn't have much time to chat. You guys are such a cute fam.
So fun. I am jealous. I need a vacation WITHOUT kids. I don't get it enough. I'm glad you had a good time. I've been snow shoeing once and it was a blast.
Holy crap I have a HOT friend. You are working it in those pictures! haha. You look beautiful and I'm so glad that you had some alone time. Seriously-I'm very jealous. :) It's nice to know that Reid was well taken care of, too. Miss you.
What a fun trip! The snow shoing looked cool and Aspen sounded like a cute little mountain town. Well, except for the expensive shops.
I must hear more about the barbeque place! I LOVE barbeque, and if you've found a diamond in the 'barbeque' rough of Colorado, I must know more...
So awesome. I'm glad that you posted, since I haven't talked to you about it. Sounds like fun!!
Glad you guys had fun!!
I am so glad you two got away! I am SO very jealous!!! I have always wanted to snow shoe! is it a good work out?
YOu guys are the cutest couple. I am so glad that you got away. I wish I could get away. Enjoy the snow! Down here, it is already HOT. Love ya.
Post a Comment