Sunday, March 2, 2008

A week of stress and no sleep...

This last week was crazy. This month was our Blue and Gold Banquet for cub scouts. We had to plan for 70 people for dinner! It was a lot of hard work, but thanks to all of those who helped, it turned out perfect. We served rice, teriyaki chicken, broccoli and egg rolls. It was actually really good!! There were cakes that the boys made with their dad's and fortune cookies that had fortunes about cub scouts (thanks Heidi and Kendra)!! It was so fun and the boys seemed to have enjoyed it as well.

Okay so if any of you know me, you know I don't like to get in front of a crowd and talk. I love to sing, although I get just a nervous, but speaking is a whole different call game. On Thursday I had to give a five minute speech. I chose to talk about the good and bad about running to keep it light and not so serious, but I still got nervous and probably babbled on and on about nothing. So that was a lot of stress!


That same day, our good friends who just moved to Arizona came and visited. Thus I was also painting, shopping and moving furniture into our guest room so they would have a place to sleep. It has turned out so cute, but still needs some last minute touches. Anyway, so they were here from Thursday until Saturday. We didn't do anything super fun, we tend to be a little boring, but it was so nice to see them and talk way to late into the night. I am so tired from those two late nights. Reid loves Grace and this time around also really enjoyed little Taggart. Thankfully the weather was really nice on Friday and especially on Saturday so we spent a lot of time outside letting the kids enjoy the nice weather. It is great to spend time with friends and so grateful that the Shumway's spent some time to come see us!!






(on our way to dinner, we were like a clown car in there!)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

The Blue & Gold was AWESOME! All your hard work showed. Now on to the next big thing, right? Stress never seems to sleep either!

amanda said...

Fun pictures. Reid is so cute. It's fun to have good friends.

Lauren said...

We had a blast with you guys! Thank you so much again and I can't wait for you to come to our house this weekend! Sorry that we added to your stress this week. :)

Brenny said...

Good friends are the best. I'm glad you had a great time and that the weather was so beautiful.