Saturday, March 15, 2008

What a MESS!!






Okay so I had to put this on here so that all of you can laugh with me and maybe just maybe have a similar story. Here it goes, so I was up on the computer checking my e-mail, face book and yes of course my friends/families blogs. Reid was upstairs playing around right beside me. The next thing I know he is downstairs in the kitchen with Chop playing. Now mind you he has done this a thousand times with me in another room and him in the kitchen playing with our dog. Then all of a sudden it got very quite...eerily quite. So I rush down the stairs to see what he has gotten into, because we all know that when they are suddenly quite there is a mess somewhere. My gut instinct was right and there he was covered in chocolate, Chop has chocolate all over him, it all over the floor, the walls, the table and what I didn't notice at first was that it was also all over my beautiful homemade curtains. I laughed to myself at first and yes took some pictures so you all (and Logan) could see just what kind of mess I had on my hands, although the pictures don't do justice. After I stripped him he headed straight to the bath, oops, the whole bath turned brown because he had so much chocolate on his hands so he came out skin colored, but sticky. I always make him help me clean up his messes so I got him a rag and he "helped" me clean up the floor. He actually was doing really well and I was laughing thinking what a mess until... dun dun dun... I noticed it all over my curtains. I lost it and started crying asking why Reid would do such a thing. Silly question, he is two, duh!!! Anyway, he went back into the bath, because while helping me clean up he again got dirty with chocolate. So he is in the bath I am very carefully trying to save my dry clean only curtains and he is yelling, "Mommy I am ready to get out!!!" Logan gets home sees me crying and the dog, which has been ignored to the backyard, covered in chocolate and has no idea what to help with. I just ask for him to bath Chop and I would finish up with the mess in the kitchen. To make matters worse, I find out later last night that Logan too had a bad day and I hadn't even asked how his day went because I was so caught up in my self pity to think about any one else but myself. Oh man what a day. And one little side note, I had already cleaned my whole kitchen because today I am having an Arbonne party and wanted my house to look good. It never happens when your house is a mess, it is like they need to make it messy because it is clean. Moral of the story: Don't blog when the kid is awake!! (He is sleeping right now, I have learned...)

7 comments:

amanda said...

You are much better than I am. I would have killed him. But he is too cute to kill. You poor thing. I hope it all came out of the curtains.
Oh the joys of motherhood.

Sarah said...

Yeah, I don't think I would of laughed! I would of had to leave the room to refrain from killing my kids!! We all have days like those!! It's funny those seem to be the days we remember!

Lauren said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your gorgeous curtains. :( That is a bummer. Hopefully they will be alright? I definitely feel your pain, but look on the bright side-at least it was chocolate and not POOP that you had to clean up (remember Taggart's incident?)

Brenny said...

I hope the curtains are all right! Cute chocolate face, but not fun...

Heidi said...

Sorry this happened but that cute little smile with the chocolate ring almost makes it worth it!

Lopez Life said...

Hey Ashley, I just figured out this blogspot thingy works! I love reading others pages! Here's my address http://lopezlife123.blogspot.com/ come check it out!

Jenni Lopez :)

Adam Jensen said...

oh man! what a day... sorry about your curtains, that is hard when you have spent so much time on something. It's so hard with kids... cause they just don't understand! Yes, yes, quiet is BAD!