Friday, March 7, 2008
POOP!!!
Okay so as I have said before I am not potty training yet, but at every opportunity I make it available to Reid. Thus begins my story... Reid was in the kitchen and I was trying to get him to hurry to the car because we needed to take Logan back to work but he would not come. So I went in there with every intention of getting upset that he was bothering the dog and not listening to me. What I saw was a red faced little boy with such immense concentration (he usually goes away from us to poop, hence why he was in the kitchen and not the garage). So as happily as I could I asked if he wanted to poop in the potty, initially he said no which I am used to hearing and then I encouraged him that it would feel better and be way more fun than standing there pooping in the kitchen. He said yes, which shocked me. So we proceeded to the toilet and we sat there with him smiling and concentrating. I was disappointed when he said he was done and nothing was in the toilet, but as I helped him off the toilet there it was stuck to his little bottom. I wiped it off and let him see it in the toilet, all the while smiling and clapping!! This is huge, he has never even wanted to sit on the toilet and when he has nothing has happened! Who knew that poop could get some one so excited??? Time will tell if he is ready.... :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love those parties in the bathroom. You know you are in a totally different stage of life that you never thought about before when you are celebrating poop! Good luck!
Hooray for Reid! That's awesome. Hopefully he'll continue to use the big boy potty. :) Maybe Grace always running into the bathroom had a positive effect on him? haha.
When did we become ok with blogging about poop and potty training. We must be moms!! We need a girls night out.
But yeah for Reid!!
that's so funny only a mom would not be grossed out by that... I am hoping Kyler will be getting ready soon too.
Party it up and cheer for him lots. Maybe then he will see that it is ok and even fun to go in the potty.
Post a Comment