Friday, October 19, 2007

Pumpkin Patch


Today we went to the pumpkin patch with Erica and her family and my Dad. It was a blast. Reid and his cousins loved it. They got to ride a barrel train, pet animals, feed animals, pick out pumkins and gords, go through a hay maze and a corn maze. They day started off cool so we were all in sweaters, then it got really hot. We were told it was going to be in the 70's and by the time we left it was 76. So we were frying in our long sleeves and jeans. Oh well, that is Colorado weather for you. The boys first wanted to ride the barrel train. I was really excited for this one, because last year Reid cried the whole time he was on the ride. This year though he got to ride with his big cousin Spencer and he loved it. Well as much as we think he did with such little emotion!! (So much Richardson in him...) Then we decided to go look at the goats and little ponies. And to my suprise, Reid was scared of them. He usually loves animals, but for some reason he couldn't wait to be done looking at them. We had more success looking at the chickens and ducks. He liked those animals. As we are walking around the farm thinking of what to go to next, the kids are drawen to this maze of hay, that for some reason was not beind used as a maze, but as an obstical course of kids on top jumping from hay bail to hay bail.
So not safe in my opinion. But none the less the kids wanted to run through it so we let them. I was outside the maze while Logan was in it with Reid, and he came out holding Reid with very dirty feet. I laughed because for some reason my kid always seems to be the dirtiest and messiest.
Unfortunatley, it was not mud but POOP!!! Gross! From that point on a funk followed us around the farm where ever we went. Then we were off on a tractor ride to feed some cows, a buffalo and some sheep. Again to my suprise, Reid was terrified and wouldn't even be on the side of the tractor where the animals were. It was a weird day with the animals. Anyway, it was crazy to see the cows huge tongue take the food right off the bench we were sitting on. They have huge slobbery tongues! Then we rode the tractor further to the pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful sight with all of the different colored gords and pumpkins all over the ground. We got out and walked around looking at all of the different shapes and textures that each gord or pumpkin had to offer. That wasn't the only thing we had our eye on, we got a couple of pictures of Reid biffing it while walking. I swear that kid is so stinking clumsy. It was funny to watch him fall and get right back up again and start running through the field. I thought he would pick out a pumpkin to take home but he didn't seem interested (thankfully, they were expesive, and I am cheap)! After our ride around the farm, we decided to take some pictures, and then we found the corn maze.
I laugh because my sister said, "I just wanted to walk around in it for a little bit." I looked at her and thought, you don't just walk around in a maze, you get lost and spend hours trying to find your way out. Atleast in the past that has been my experience. Thankfully we weren't stuck in there for too long and we got out, with that being our last activity before calling it a day. It was so fun and I hope you enjoy the pictures and my story of our fun day at the pumpkin patch!!

3 comments:

amanda said...

Cute pictures!! I've been trying to talk Brett into going to a pumpkin patch for the holiday but it keeps raining and he is too grateful that he gets out of it. I wish I was there, I would have gone with you.

Lauren said...

Love your pictures and we wish were there with you! So nasty about the gross poop, but that's kids for you. The corn maze sounds fun. Joseph and I have always wanted to go, but never have found the time. 76 huh? That's really cold. :)

Sarah said...

Nice pictures! We love pumpkins! Good job with the meeting today!