Tuesday, October 9, 2007

When does the toddler phase end...

So my new recent challenge is trying to handle tamtrum after tantrum and damage control from Reid hitting other kids. Today he managed to push down a one year old at story time while trying to push his way around the train track. Our newest challenge is that our sweet little boy is becoming more independent and thinks he knows best. Like for instance, he thinks he will sleep when he wants and no one can tell him otherwise. Well when I need my break for the day (are mothers allowed a ten minute break every hour?) there is no veto allowed. I just don't know what to do with him. I am so not a patient person and it doesn't seem to matter how much studying I do or how much I pray for help, I am still not patient. Anyway, I guess this is something that most moms struggle with, and if you don't, you are a much better person than I am I guess.
I am becoming more and more busy it seems, and I am not so sure what I am doing, but I am busy. For one, I am now watching my friends little girl through out each week and I am loving it. She is only two months old. I kind of pretend she is mine when I have her, since I can't seem to figure out how to get prenant. You would think I would know since I have one kid, but I must have forgotten...anyway, she is a doll and I miss that little baby stage. Although I thought I would never say that, I guess you long for what you can't have... It will be good practice for both Reid and I. Hopefully when another one does come along, we will know what to do. I have forgotten so much in two and a half years!! I knew my memory was bad, but I thought it would be like riding a bike. You jump on and remember how to ride and your off with the wind blowing through your hair... well let me tell you, the wind is not blowing!!! I think I will get it, like I said good practice, I should be a champ with our next one now... :0)
I went and got my hair done at Erica's today and I totally love it. She always does such a good job. Plus extra bonus, I get to spend time with my sister and not just some hairdresser. It is always great to chat with her and ask her advice on everything. We laugh a lot and joke around and it just makes my day to have a good laugh with my sister. I have truely taken for granted that she lives so close. If she ever moves, I will be a complete wreck (and not just my hair)!! Anyway, she is great and if you know her, you are lucky.
Now let me see here, I thought there was a real reason I was writting on this thing... oh yes. Okay, so I was cleaning up the downstairs tonight and I was picking up some papers on the ground and spiders came falling out of all the paper. Talk about gross. I wante to vomit. Who lives with spiders just chilling in some paper on the ground? Thank goodness for shoes, we managed to kill them all and then Logan finally sprayed around the house. So nasty. Okay well there is yet another exciting tale from the Richardson home. Hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love you too. I really enjoy the time we spend together too. I love your little Reid and I'm not sure I'm much help in the rearing of children advice. When you get some good stuff let me know, I have a 5 year old that is going to drive me crazy. I can I survive another 13 years?