Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy (be-lated) New Year!!


So life has been a little crazy and I have not been blogging like I would like to, so sorry, not that you are all missing my amazing life stories!! We have had a fun holiday season and it continued with New Year's. We rang in the new year at a friends house and Reid did so good all night. Then we started a tradition with my family to go sledding in New Year's day. So of course we went. It was so fun and Reid loved it (you can't tell by the expression on his face, he is a Richardson you know, but he loved it)!!!! We did that for about an hour and then he got cold and wanted to go so we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Hatch's house to have home made chili (which was so yummy, thanks mom) and hang out. Well hanging out with my sisteris always so fun (she brings the best games to play). We played a board game called Colosseum, which I won, thank you very much. Then we played DancingWith the Stars on PlayStation. I am addicted. It is really hard and I get all out of breath when my turn is over. (Maybe a sign I need to start working out again...) And because of all of the fun the kids had a major breakdown so we decided to pack up and head home. I feel like I am still recovering from staying up late and having so much fun this week, but hey it was all worth it... now if Reid could just get back on schedule. He is having a really hard time staying in his room for bed time and nap time. (yes we are trying to stop locking him in his room...) And I am about to lose it. I don't know what else to do besides keep putting him back in his bed. He thinks it is a big game and laughs and smiles when we get him to take him back up to his room. I am going crazy, seriously, I am. So if you could please give me some advice so I don't end up in a mental institution, that would be great!! This is the result of laying him back in his bed for two hours. It was three thirty by this time and I didn't think he should take a nap now, so I let him come down and sit with me while I finished making phone calls for cub scouts. I guess he was tired and fell asleep right next to me... urgh!!!!!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Jonathan and I went through the same thing with Nathan about a year ago. It was AWFUL, so I know how you feel. We got to the point where we would not say anything when we put him back to bed again and again. He had already had a good night kiss and hug. There were no reaction from us, so he could not smile and laugh. We also sat close to his door so that we weren't going back and forth. It took a good couple of weeks doing this but he eventually caught on and each night and nap time the time that we would have to take him back to his room got shorter and shorter until he finally would go down on his own. Try it. I hope it works for you.

amanda said...

I love the new Valentine look. Cute. And I love all the pictures of the stories I have heard from Erica (your mom dancing) Sweet!! It looks like we missed out on some fun.

Sarah said...

I like the new template! Please show me how you did it!! I have no idea how to do those things. Yw was fun today, there are so many YW!?! Sledding looked fun, we still haven't taken the girls! Or rather Collin hasn't taken the girls yet! Talk to you soon!

Erica said...

Fun times uh? I love seeing you guys so much. Anytime you feel like dancing you know where we are!

I agree with Sam- no I didn't do this the first time, but I'm going to with the second- if we have the problem. Anyway Super Nanny says that this is the way it works. I'm just not sure I have the patiance. Although something I really need to aquire!!!!